- Twenty-Nine -

♢ Laura ♢

The words whirled around in my head repeatedly.
"There was Male DNA found at the scene."

Officer Hills had returned to give me an update on the case for my assault. I wasn't expecting his comment.

"What do you mean?" I was stunned and couldn't quite take in what was being said.
"We confirmed that there was two people involved, one being Miss Thomas and the other is an unknown male. We have ruled out all male camp staff and Mr Lake who were all at the scene. We will be continuing with the case until this other person is caught." Officer Hills explained everything to me.

I was honestly speechless and my eyes fell away from the police officers gaze. Before entering a complete panic attack my hand quickly grasped the necklace around my neck and I held it tight which instantly calmed me down. I looked at Rhi who gave me a reassuring smile. Getting upset would be the worst thing but part of me wanted to go home and just forget about this place.

I wiped away a single tear before speaking again. "Okay." Everything else the officer said became a blur and I just wanted to leave this office and see my friends.

Before I could leave I had to sign some statements and other documents which related to evidence and the court hearing. I would rather this whole thing was over and done with but It's going to drag out, I can just tell.

When Rhi let me leave, I was greeted by the arms of Ryan who was waiting outside the office.
"I've never had my DNA taken before." He said with a laugh. "They treated me like a criminal!" His comments made me smile through the tears. We broke from our embrace but he still held my arm.
"I'm glad that's the first time you've had your DNA taken. I'd be worried if It wasn't." I chuckled and wiped me face, being careful not to smudge my makeup.

"The things I do for you look!" Ryan teased as he took my hand and led me out of the office building.
I gave him a weak smile and squeezed his hand as we continued to walk. Our conversation ceased to exist after that, I just wanted to hide away from everything for a little while.

Ryan noticed my mood shift and made me stop walking. He was peering down at me but I just starred at his chest in front of me.
"Look at me." He said and held my head with both of his hands. I knotted my brows together but gave in and looked at him.
"Better." He replied with a cheeky grin. "Listen to me Miss. You'll get through this, it's a shit thing to deal with but I'm here, Rachel and Katie are supporting you too. You are not alone and this will be in the past one day." His eyes dipped to my lips and back to my eyes. He was about to say something when he appeared to stop himself and pulled me into a hug instead, pressing his lips to my forehead in the process.

♢ Ryan ♢

I wanted to make her my girlfriend in the worst way, we had only been here for just over three weeks and I had to keep the words from escaping my mouth. I didn't want to shoot into this relationship too quickly, but I had a day in mind that I wanted to ask her that important question.
"I know, thank you Ryan. I really appreciate you and everyone else right now, it's keeping me going."

Laura proceeded to tell me about her conversation with the police officer.

"We will catch whoever it is." I vaguely remember Jane telling me that she had some other guy when she admitted she was the one to attack Laura. "I will make sure of it, even if they have to DNA everyone here." I pulled away and looked down at her again. She was constantly fiddling with the necklace I got her, like it was her only way of comfort.