- One -

♢ Laura ♢

School had finished. Forever. Lying in would become the norm and I could finally enjoy the summer without being around people I despised, which was around ninety percent of the school population so no complaints from me.

My lay in was short lived when my phone began ringing on my bed side table, seemingly making my whole room shake. Before even considering to see who it was, I glanced at my clock and groaned in annoyance when I saw that it was 7:30AM on a freakin' Saturday!

I answered my phone without looking at the caller I.D, knowing full well that it would be Katie, my best friend. She has always been an early bird. 

"Whatever you are calling about, it better be worth waking me up for this early in the morning." I grumbled down the phone before she got a word in. My words were followed by her loud giggling with the occasional snort. I sat up and ran my free hand through my brown locks to get them away from my face. I looked awfully attractive in the morning. Not.

"You'll never guess what!!!" Katie proceeded to say in an excited tone.
"What?" I shook my head to myself, awaiting her next comment. This better have been good. 

"The plane tickets arrived and we depart from the airport a week today. Our last year at camp is upon us."

I was suddenly more awake. A part of me had completely forgotten about camp. 

Me and Katie have gone every summer together since we were about five. We started in the junior camp and when we moved to high school, we joined Tabara Summer Camp. 

This year would be our last year as we would become too old to go, unless we wanted to go back as volunteers of course, which I had always wanted to do. 

"Wow, is it really only a week away?" I asked, shocking myself in the process.
"Yeah, it is." Katie chimed back at me.
"Is that all you wanted to tell me? Because I'd very much like to get back to sleep." I chuckled down the phone to my best friend as I snuggled back up under my duvet.

"I'm afraid not. We are going shopping for camp supplies and I am about to enter your humble abode to get you out of bed."

---

When Katie finally got me out of my bedroom, it was nearly 9AM. I would always put up a fight in order to stay in bed as long as possible. Sleep was important.

We had successfully stuffed our faces with cookies and a milkshake from the food hall (best breakfast ever!) but we hadn't actually bought any clothes yet. On our way to find some clothes for camp, something caught my eye, and by something I mean someone. Two someone's in fact.

"Look, its Matt and Ryan!" I squealed excitedly as they walked through the entrance of the mall. I could almost hear Katie rolling her eyes as she stood next to me, trying to divert my attention away from the god-like brothers.

Matt and Ryan Lake were the most beautiful brothers in our school, most people think they are twins but they were born eleven months apart, Matt in September and Ryan in August.

They have matching dirty blonde hair which is always styled into a small quiff and they both make short back and sides look incredible.

What made them even better was the fact that they were both rugby players and were very well built in the muscle department. Most people drooled over Matt but there was something about Ryan that got my heart racing. Truth is, I've fancied Ryan since the first time I saw him, I mean who wouldn't?