The Van Allen's vs The Reaping

Karoline sighed, staring out into the empty room, her back to Dean, who's bed she was still in. She didn't remember Alayna and Sam coming home last night but she was sure they did. Which meant they probably knew about the predicament she was in, and she probably had a lot of explaining to do. Her phone, which was sitting on the nightstand, buzzed loudly and she cringed hoping that it didn't wake up Dean, she did not want to have that conversation.

She grabbed it quickly seeing a text from Alayna, Found a hunt. P.S. you're an idiot.

She sighed heavily, dropping her head back onto the pillow, how'd she even get into this mess. Turning over she looked at Dean's back, he hadn't woken up yet, so that was a plus. Carefully she sat, making sure to keep the sheets tight around her torso as she reached for her bra.

"Morning, sunshine." His voice filled the air and she sat up straighter with wide eyes, peeking over her shoulder again at him.

Silently cursing her luck, "Oh, um, did I wake you?" She asked, pulling her bra straps up and clipping it around her back.

"No, I've been up for three hours." He admitted.

"Really? Because you didn't say a word." She said, reaching across to where a t-shirt lay, thrown haphazardly.

"Neither did you." She felt the bed shift as he turned to look at her.

"That's because I didn't have much to say," She pulled it over her head and stood up, turning to face Dean as she fixed her messy curls. "Nothings changed. We are still broken up, last night did not change anything."

Dean clicked his tongue and she looked up to see him holding her shorts with a smirk playing at his lips. Karoline narrowed her eyes, snatching them back, but before she could let go, he caught her hand in his, running his thumb over her knuckles softly. "Maybe we should keep making mistakes." He said softly, easing her back towards the bed.

She wanted to. Oh, how she wanted to. But, Sam and Alayna were waiting, and she knew if she got back into bed with him it'd be a bad idea, a really bad idea. "Alayna found a hunt." She pulled her hand from his, giving him a pointed look as she turned to pull her shorts on.

Dean watched her for a moment, his lips tilting up into a smirk as he quickly climbed out of bed and stood right behind her. She let out a startled gasp as she turned around, coming face to face with him, her hand resting on his chest to keep her from running into him. "Dean, seriously, put some clothes on."

"Your loss," He smirked. "I make one Hell of a naked breakfast." Karoline gave him another pointed look, moving around him and into the bathroom. Karoline headed down to the diner ahead of Dean, ordering a coffee before taking a seat at the table where Sam and Alayna were already waiting, as soon as she sat down she was met with two questioning looks.

"I'm not going to say anything." Alayna smirked, bringing her cup up to her lips.

"Thank you." Karoline said, pulling her seat in all the way and grabbing some of the food Alayna had already ordered.

"But, what happened?"

"Alayna Rose Van Allen." Karoline shrilled.

"Karoline Nicole Van Allen." Alayna mocked, shoving her sisters shoulder. "Just admit it, Kari. You still have feelings for Dean."

"I think this is my cue to step away." Sam nodded, pushing out of his seat and both girls tossed him a smile as he walked away.

"Honestly, I don't really know," Karoline paused, smiling up at the waitress when she handed her, her drink. "How is it possible to hate and love someone so much at the same time?"