The Van Allen's vs Rise of the Witnesses

One thing about having the four of them all back together again, the world hadn't changed so much that they weren't arguing the day after Dean had been brought back from the dead. They were all at Bobby's while the old man was away helping some guy on a hunt. Tom was sitting at the desk in the library with a pile of books in front of him. Sam was sitting at the kitchen table with his own stack of research while Alayna had claimed the couch by her sister, flipping through a book on Angels. Dean was pacing between the kitchen and the library, at odds with each other. Sam and Karoline said he was an Angel, Dean said there was no way, and Alayna hadn't exactly said her side of the argument. "Well, then tell me what else it could be," Sam said referring to Castiel, the Angel they'd met the night before.

"Look, all I know is I was not groped by an Angel," Dean argued, completely unconvinced of Castiel's story. 

"Okay, look, Dean. Why do you think Castiel would lie to you about it?" Sam asked. 

"Maybe he's a Demon, Demon's lie." Alayna spoke up, not looking up from her book.

"Thank you." Dean said pointedly. 

She turned in her seat to look back at him with a sheepish look, "But, I don't see why a Demon would claim to be an Angel. It's kinda out there."

"Plus, a demon who's immune to salt rounds and Devil's traps... and Ruby's knife?" Sam asked. "Dean, Lilith is scared of that thing."

"Don't you think if Angels were real, that some hunter, somewhere would have seen one... at some point... ever?" Dean asked, leaning back against the bench. 

"Yeah, we just did Dean." Karoline said, sitting up and frowning at Dean. It's wasn't that inplausible.

"I'm trying to come up with a theory here," Dean said, sighing. "Okay? Work with me."

"Dean, we have a theory," Sam said, rolling his eyes. 

"Yeah, one with a little less fairy dust on it, please," Dean said.

"Okay, look," Alayna stood up, resting a hand on her stomach. "We don't know anything for certain, so let's not get all worked up about it."

"That's my point," Dean cut in, throwing his hand in the air. "We don't know for sure, so I'm not gonna believe that this thing is a freaking Angel of the Lord because it says so!"

Karoline groaned and stood up, closing the book in her hands. "Well, I believe him." She said surely, turning to him. "I don't see any reason not to."

"Oh, come on Kare!" Dean said, tossing her a frustrated look. "Since when have we ever heard of Angels appearing to people at all for that matter?"

"The Bible," She said like it was obvious. "And the angel answered him, "I am Gabriel. I stand in the presence of God, and I was sent to speak to you and to bring you this good news." She recited easily.

"Since when do you read the bible." He looked at her like she was an alien.

"Since you died and went to Hell." She snapped back and his eyes immeadiatly softened. 

"Are you guys going to keep arguing religion, or do you want to come take a look at this?" Tom cut in and the four of them stopped to look over at him. With a shrug, Alayna wandered over to stand next to Tom and look down at a large medieval tome sitting atop all the other books. "I got stacks of lore - Biblical, pre-biblical. Some of it's in damn cuneiform. It all says an Angel can snatch a soul from the pit,"

"What else?" Dean asked.

"What else, what?" Tom question.

"What else could do it?"