But when they saw Percy Weasley about to knock, they quickly grabbed their uniforms, Amanda leaving the compartment to go find a bathroom to change in.

...

When they arrived at Hogsmeade Station, the students trickled out onto the platform. Amanda led her new-found friends to Hagrid, who was calling, "Firs' years, Firs' years over ere please!"

Amanda tapped Hagrid's elbow and said as loudly as she could without shouting, "Hi Hagrid, how's the rest of the holiday with Fang been like?"

The three boys stared at her with wonder and she whispered, "My adoptive parents are old friends with Hagrid." 

They nodded in understanding.

"It's been grea' t'anks for askin." Hagrid boomed and the children followed him to the boats.

Fred, George, Lee and Amanda climbed into the same boat and Amanda beamed and clapped her hands together when the boat moved to Hogwarts.

When they had reached the edge of the water, the boys climbed out first. The twins turned and grabbed one of Amanda's arms and helped her out of the boat, leaving Amanda to smile and curtsy, making them all laugh again.

Hagrid looked over at them and decided to leave them.

The first years followed Hagrid to the entrance of the Grand Hall, where they were greeted by a stern looking witch.

Professor McGonagall stepped forward, introducing herself before saying, "Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments you will pass through these doors and join your classmates, but before you take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup."

She then proceeded to lead the first years down the middle of the hall.

The four of them followed nervously, glancing around the giant hall, seeing all the students watching them walk down.

The Professor brought out a hat and a stool and placed them in front of them. The hat was old and battered, and seemingly ugly, but to the children's surprise, the hat began to sing.

It sang about the four founders of Hogwarts and about the four houses. Amanda and the twins snickered quietly as they pretended to dance, leaving Lee standing next to them and rolling his eyes.

After the hat had gone silent, Professor McGonagall unrolled a scroll and started to call out names.

"Diggory, Cedric."

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

Amanda watched as the boys and girls around her were called out and sat on the stool, before the hat called out the house that they were in.

"Jordan, Lee."

Amanda watched Fred give Lee a reassuring pat on the back and Lee walked up to the stool, with Professor McGonagall placing the Sorting Hat on his head.

After about a minute,

"GRYFFINDOR!"

Amanda and the twins clapped as Lee passed the hat to the Professor, and beaming, walked over to the Gryffindor table, to be welcomed by Charlie.

Amanda soon grew impatient to be sorted, and, after what felt like hours to the young girl, her name was finally called.

"Potter, Amanda."

As Amanda walked up to the stool, with Professor McGonagall smiling kindly at her, she could hear things that the children were whispering, the most prominent being, "I thought she was supposed to be dead." and, "I thought her brother was the only one that survived.", before the children were silenced as the Sorting Hat was placed on her head.

"Hmmmm. One of the chosen. Where's the two that should have come before you?"

"What do you mean?" Amanda asked the Sorting Hat quietly.

"Never mind then, I know which house has been chosen for you..."

Amanda's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, before the Sorting Hat called out her house.

"GRYFFINDOR!"

The Gryffindor table exploded in cheers and Amanda let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding. She hopped off the stool and practically ran to the Gryffindor table, to be greeted by Percy and Charlie.

Amanda waited patiently until Fred and George were called. Fred was first, quickly being placed in Gryffindor. He waited next to the stool for George to be sorted as well, and when George was placed in Gryffindor, the two descended the steps with a "Queen Wave", causing Lee, Amanda and Charlie to laugh.

Finally, dinner began. Amanda beamed as the dishes of food appeared before them, eagerly grabbing a selection of foods for her to try. She introduced herself to the other new Gryffindors, quickly making fast friends.

Throughout dinner Amanda laughed, listening to the twin's previous pranks and jokes. She laughed with Lee and the Weasleys, (except Percy, of course, who sat quietly for most of the meal) until they were led to the Gryffindor common room by Charlie and were sent to their dorms to sleep.