Chapter 96

Before I get on to the chapter I would like to give a heartfelt thanks to didi! ( @wolvesinparadise ) for making a cover for The Rejected Mate! I am beyond thankful and blessed to have such talented people giving me beautiful covers!

-----------------

MIKHAIL

We were now back in the alley.

"Both of you are really good looking in real life." Said the fairy.

Sean and Martin raised a brow at her and then at me.

"I can tell that I'm going to have fun with both of you very soon." The fairy said seductively to both Sean and Martin.

Both Sean and Martin's ears were red. I cleared my throat and that brought the attention to me.

"We have to go now if we want to make it back in time." I said.

We then took a cab to where my jet was landed. Needless to say that it was a quiet ride until the fairy decided to break the silence-

"I'm Lara by the way." She said.

"I'm Sean." Sean said.

"The name is Martin." Martin said as he shook Lara's hand.

"What's your name?" Lara asked as she looked at me.

"My name is Reed." I said.

"I thought you're more of a Richard kind of guy." She said.

I gave her a puzzled expression. What is this girl on about?

"You're kind of a party pooper." She said. "I thought your name would be uptight too."

I rolled my eyes while Sean and Martin covered their smiles with a cough.

Real smooth. I said through the mindlink and they looked at me guiltily.

As we arrived at the location we boarded and warmed up the jet,

"Why are you so uptight?" Asked said Lara.

"The fact that you are a- what did you say? Ahh." I put air quotes for more definition." A 'hopeless romantic' . Shouldn't you- a hopeless romantic understand that when you love someone, you worry about them all of the time- most especially if she is battling Darkness inside of her own body."

"I'm very sorry for being so inconsiderate." She says as she looks at her fingers.

The jet was ready for flight. I put on my seatbelt and Lara did too,

"You alright there,bro?" Asked Martin.

"Yeah." I said.

"How about you, Lara?"

"I'm good. Thanks for asking." She replies as she look outside the window.

-------------

BREE

Bree

I looked sideways but it was dark.

I don't know if you can hear me.

It sounded like Jude, but how?

I'm running out of ideas on how to save you. I think the only thing left that has me holding on that had me believing that everything will be alright- that you will be alright... is that Reed is out there finding out what to do to help you.