Chapter 23

BREE

I was in the kitchen watching the devil himself trying to cook, let me give emphasis to the word TRYING. I crossed my arms on my chest, he was scrambling the eggs with some of it's shell in there.

"I don't know if your future wife would like you trying to waste good quality ingredients." i said.

He glared at me, "it's an honor to taste my cooking." he said.

"Yeah an honor with a ticket to their death bed." i said. "there are still some shells there."

"Don't like shells? it gives the eggs a crunchy taste ." he said and i laughed.

I felt hot, "i feel hot."

"Ohh i turned off the ac earlier and just turned it on." he said. "i defrosted it."

I nodded, he put the egg in the pan but as i suspected the fire was on too high. "overcooked." i said.

"Hey i did my best." he said.

"Did you even season it?" i asked before taking a fork full of his scrambled eggs.

As i tried to chew it, i spit it out as soon as i chewed egg shells. "It was good." i said, i dont want him to feel bad.

He did try because he wanted to do something nice, might as well repay him the same way.

"If you liked it you wouldn't spit it out." he said a little sadness seeped through his voice.

"It's the eggshells. I don't mind that it's not seasoned at all, i just don't like eating egg shells." i said.

"I give you A plus plus plus for effort!" i said trying to cheer him up.

He smiled, "thanks,gabreelle." And at that very moment my heart swelled at his sincerity.

"I'll cook, just sit there or go do your thing." i said. i cleaned the pan,bowl,fork and plate that he used.

I cracked three eggs and whisked it, i sprinkled a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper on the scrambled mix i put on the heat on low and put in butter.

I whisked the egg again and then i put it in the pan. i cooked it until it was fluffy, i plated it and as i lift my head there he was looking at the plate of eggs like it was magic.

"So that's how you crack an egg." he said.

I held the plate and put it down the counter, he sat down across me at the high chair. When i looked at him his shirt was nowhere to be found.

"You're going to eat like that?" i asked him.

"What's wrong with this?" he asked pointing to his abs using his fork, his mouth full of bread and scrambled eggs.

"It's disturbing." I said as i put a slice of bread in my palms and put scrambles eggs there.

"Do i make you horny?" he asked wiggling his eyebrows.

"Pervert." i scoffed and said.

"It's a j-"

"It's a perverted joke." i finished for him. "besides i've seen better."

He choked on his food, "really now?"

I nodded and took a bite out of my egg sandwich. he look shocked to say the least. he leaned down the counter with his elbows on the counter, his muscles looked bigger than normal.

He was flexing, i furrowed my brows and laughed. Living with him isn't so bad after all.