A Christmas Story

It was the night of Christmas Eve, and all children were asleep. All except one. Dove Frost is a 5 year old child that was told Santa Claus wasn't real. Her parents told her that Santa wasn't real when she was only 3 years old.

Dove is a high spirited child, so every year since that moment, she has tried her hardest to prove Santa real. But this year will be a little different for her.

She was awake in her bed. Staring at the ceiling, it was almost midnight. She wanted this year to be the year that she proves Santa real to her parents and her sister.

     That's when she heard jingle bells, coming from outside. Dove got excited and got out of bed. She quietly tip toed past her sister's bedroom and down the stairs. She opened the door and ran outside.

     But what she saw wasn't anything to be excited about. Her neighbor was riding in a sleigh pulled by his dogs that looked like reindeer. He was putting salt on the snow outside. When he saw the young Dove, he told her Merry Christmas, and that she should go inside.

     So Dove went back inside and closed the door. She doesn't have any proof that Santa exists. She walked up the stairs and into her sisters room. She shook awake her sister.

     "Icy, can I sleep with you?"Dove asked her older sister.

     "Yeah. Get in Dove."Icy answered.

     Dove got into bed with her 15 year old sister.  She instantly grabbed onto Icy and hugged her.

     "What's wrong Dove?"

     "I don't have proof. I guess Mommy and Daddy were right."

     "Hey listen. Christmas isn't about Santa. It's about celebrating with the ones you love. And I'm celebrating with you right now."

     "I guess you're right Icy. I love you."

     "I love you too Dove. Merry Christmas."

     "Merry Christmas."

End