The Real Monsters

Third Person Pov
     Velvet is a five year old girl. She is terrified of the monster under her bed. No one else even believes that there is a monster under her bed. She is made fun of at school when she tries to make friends. Because she would tell someone that she has a monster under her bed once she met someone. Velvet really does have a monster under the bed. Only she knows though...or is it only her?
Present time
     "Mommy I don't want to go to bed. The monster will get me,"Velvet complained to her mother.
     "Well you have to,"her mother said harshly,"Go to bed."
     "But I don't want to, I'm scared,"Velvet said.
     "Listen here young lady you will go to your bed now and sleep!!"her father yelled.
     "But the monster will get me,"Velvet whispered.
     "That stupid monster again,"her father started to scream,"that stupid monster is the reason your still here!!!"
     Then Velvet was slapped hard on the cheek by her father. Velvet's eyes started to water up.
     "Don't cry you big baby!!"her mother screamed this time. Then her mother kicked her in the leg. Velvet fell to the floor, not understanding why her parents were doing this. Velvet's parents kept abusing her, until there was a loud screech.
      The screech came from Velvet's room. Velvet's parents looked at each other worried. A monster then popped out of Velvet's room.
(I do not own Steven Universe...sadly)

     The monster screeched again and walked toward Velvet's parents

The monster screeched again and walked toward Velvet's parents. Her parents looked at each other with pure fear in their eyes.
"You have hurt Velvet like you promised not to,"the monster said in a scratchy little girl voice.
"No we didn't. See she is fine,"Velvet's mother said pointing at Velvet.
"You know why I'm here, now you have to leave now!"the monster screeched.
"This is my house and I will not be thrown out of my own house!!" Velvet's father yelled. The monster glared at him with her one eye.
"Okay we'll leave. At least we finally got rid of that little shit,"Velvet's father said while pointing at Velvet. Velvet's parents pack up their important items and leave the house quickly.
Velvet was sitting in the corner trying to hide form the monster. She is only five. She doesn't know that the monster just saved her.
     "Velvet. I'm not going to hurt you,"said the monster still in her scratchy voice.
     "You're scary,"Velvet said innocently.
     "It's ok. I may be scary, but I've been protecting you since you were born,"the monster said. While Velvet looked up at her with awe.
     "Since you were born your parents never wanted you. So they tried to kill you. But I was under your bed, there every time to stop them. I protected you from the real monsters,"the monster said.
     "You're not a real monster then. You're a hero,"Velvet said,"what's you name?"
     "I don't have a name. I've just been called monster all my life,"said the monster.
     "Ok. What if I call you Carra?"Velvet asked.
     "That will be nice,"Carra said,"I'm going to live with you now until you're old enough to live in your own."
     "Ok Carra, thank you,"Velvet said,"I'm sorry I called you a monster.
     "It's ok Velvet,"Carra said while Velvet hugged Carra.
     "Ok. Now go to sleep Velvet, you need to rest,"Carra said.
     "Ok Carra, good night!"Velvet said as she went to her room.

So who were the real monsters? Think about that.

End