Music Video

Today is a pretty good day, jet lag gone, featuring in a music video, and Mum got a raise. I look in the mirror and just think to myself about how much I really missed San Diego. I qiuckly throw on my clothes and head out the door. I don't have to worry about hair and makeup because they will do it there, or at least that's what my manager said.

Luckily for me, the first scene of the day is at some motel nearby. Apon arrival I'm greated by my manager Julia. I park my car and walk over to her.

"You're late." She said with a stern face.

"Only two minutes, chill." I put my hands up in surrender. "By the way, you never told me who's video this is."

"Oh, yeah that not important right this second. We need you to get to hair and makeup." Julia grabbed my upper arm and pulled me to a trailer and pushed me in. She closed the door after I stumble in. My eyes adjust to the lighting.

"Carter, right?" A young woman in here mid 20's asked. I nod. "Good come have a seat for me, dear." I sat down in a swivel chair as she walked behind it and pulled my hair out of the messy bun I had. "Perfect!" she squealed to herself.

"Perfect?" I question. All she did was take my hair out of the bun.

"Perfect, your hair is already wavy and long. All I have to do is your makeup." She turns my chair so I'm facing her and she starts on making my face look good.

I learned her name is Sara and she is only 24 years young. We are in the mists of small talk when the door reopens. A tall man in a black suit and shades walked in and surveyed the room then stepped out. The stayed open for a few seconds then a tall figure walked in.

"Shawn! Have a seat, I'll be right with you." Sara said and pointed to a seat right next to me as she worked on an extra.

"Shawn." He stuck out his hand. He looked at me like he knew me from somewhere.

"Carter." I took his hand and shook it, a little shocked because I was expecting someone not as famous. Is this really Shawn as in Shawn Mendes? Am I doing a video with him? Wow, my manager doesn't tell me shit, clearly.

He looks me up and down, "What part are you playing?"

"Lead role." It came out more like a question because at this point Julia didn't tell me anything else besides that.

A spark of remembrances flashed in his eyes. "Oh, you're the girl from YouTube. I didn't think they would actually listen to me about who I wanted to play that part."

"Yup, that's me. The YouTube girl, that's what the "real actors" call me here." Shawn chuckled which in return made me giggle a little.

The day went by pretty damn fast of getting all the shots needed inside. The sun was setting and most of the video is taken place at night. Apparently, the "real" fun is going to start soon. The guy that plays my boyfriend in the video is actually really sweet. He's a damn good actor to be able to pull off the abusive boyfriend.

Julia took my phone away about 30 minutes ago because I was texting Tanner. The last thing I read was that he just dropped off Dylan at the airport.

"Okay, so this scene you are in the shower crying. Got it, Carter?" The director asked as I walk into the set. The water was already running and Shawn was shirtless sitting next to the director. Great. Note the sarcasm. I walked up to the mirror and slide my robe off. I was left in only spandex shorts and a tight bando top around my boobs.

This section of the scene took about an hour because they had to get all the right angles before I ruined my makeup and hair. I was about to step into the running shower for the second time when a hear a familiar voice behind me. I glance over to see Tanner and Julia arguing. This must look bad if he just got here.