My Eyes Bleed With Tears

I have officially made it two weeks living in San Diego and I am loving every bit of it. Don't get me wrong I miss my friends back home and I miss the mountains but Tanner and Jake seem to make me feel like I belong.

It's about 11:00 pm and Tanner and I are at Maverick's house, well more like the shed out back. I was laying on one of the beds with Tanner as we listen to music and just hang out. My phone starts to buzz from my pocket. I pull it out to see Mum is calling me. Sitting up I walk out of the shed into the dark night and answered the phone.

"Hey Mum, what's up?" I ask in a chirpy voice.

"It's... It's your father." She said sobbing from the other line.

"It will be okay, I'm on my way." I knew something really bad must have happened. I hang up as I walked back into the shed. There were about seven of them just looking at me. "Tanner, I have to go now." Tanner nods and stands up, he's my ride. "Thanks for having me," I say as we leave. 

We get into Tanner's GTR, "Where to?" He asked me curiously.

"The San Diego Medical Center." He gave me a questioning look but I just looked straight ahead at the road. I can't cry, not know.

As soon as Tanner puts the car in park I hopped out and dashed to the front door. I ran right past the front desk knowing my way around considering I come here almost every day. I'm stopped dead in my tracks in the hallway as I see my father's bed being pushed out of the room and down the opposite way. Then I saw my mother pop out of the room. Her face told me everything I needed to know. This was serious. 

I felt Tanner next to me and at the sight of my mother's face that's what made me break. Tears stream down but my face shows no emotion. I turned and grabbed onto Tanner's shirt and he hugged me back. I wasn't sobbing, nor crying. My eyes just bleed with tears as the rest of my body went emotionless. 

Hours passed as we sat in the waiting room on the most uncomfortable couch in the world. All I could get from Mum was that Dad had a heart attack and he was currently in surgery. I told Tanner about my father's fight against cancer and the whole reason we moved to San Diego in the first place. I must have fallen asleep against Tanner's chest. I pull out my phone, it read 4:00 am. Moving a little, I feel the chill of the building. There's a blanket in Tanner's car, I can go get that? I nudge Tanner some bit to wake him. 

"I'm going to go get the blanket from the car." He nodded sleepily and handed me his keys. I came back to the couch and curled up in a ball next to Tanner, setting my head on his chest as he wrapped an arm around my waist with the blanket around the both of us.

It's about 8:00 am now, Tanner is playing with my hair as we wait for the news on the surgery. A man in his mid-40s in blue scrubs walks around a corner. "Wells?" He asks. I instantly stand up and so does Mum. "James Wells's surgery when well. He is in recovery and will be in a medically induced coma for a few days until his heart is strong again." With that, he walked away.

"Why don't you kids go home and get some rest, Aunt Becky is watching Sammy for the time being." Mum gave me a big tired smile and walked to Dad's room. 

Tanner drove me home. He practically carried me to my room because I as so tired. He set me down on the bed, removed my shoes and tucked my in. Before He could leave the room, I grabbed his wrist. I didn't even have to say anything for him to get that I don't want him to go. I let go of his wrist as he placed his phone a wallet on the desk on the other side of the room and took his shoes off then climbed in next to me under the covers. Tanner pulls me closer so I can curl up into his chest. He rubs circles with his thumbs over my hip bones. 

The two of us have been getting closer since Jake's house on day one. I think I'm falling for him.

*Sorry this chapter is so short.*