Your Number One Fan

"What happened?" Tanner got up from his seat and rushed over to me, examining my arms and hands.

"Nothing too bad, I'm fine." Tanner pulls me to my bathroom and turns on the shower. He washes off all the blood off my arms and cleans the scraps. Tanner sits me down on the countertop and grabs the first-aid kit to start bandaging me up.

"One moment you were on your phone the next you were flying out the door after Jake. What happened?" He just kept looking at my hands.

"Well, Jake was annoying me with questions about this morning, so I kinda didn't pay any attention to him. That must have pissed him off, so he took my phone and ran out the door. I followed grabbing my board that's on the porch, but then this lady pulled out of her driveway without looking and basically hit me." Tanner finished wrapping my left arm since that one was the worst of the two. 

"And this lady? Where is she?" He looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Probably stuck in traffic on the way to work. I already told her to look before she backs out because I could have been a kid."

He nods, "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes, I am." I press my lips to his but break away short after. "Come on, I bet the others are waiting and thinking when are doing something else." I stand up and place my hand in his. We walk back to the living room where everyone is sitting.

I look at the time it's already 10:45. Shit. I start to head to the door. "I have to go for any hour but all of you are more than welcome to stay here. If you need anything, just ask Tanner." With my bag in one hand and the doorknob in the other I was stopped but Braungardt's older brother Tristen. 

"What is your wifi password?" I nod and walk over to the desk thing next to the door and wrote the password and handed it to him. "Thanks."

I kissed Tanner goodbye and walked to my car. The drive wasn't as long as I thought and thank God for that cause I'm already late. My car pulls smoothly into a parking spot and I walk into the front door of the medical centre. The lady at the front desk handed me a plastic ID (I come here so often that that just made me a staff like ID) and I continued my way to the Cancer section. I finally reached my dad's room when I'm stopped by a young girl pulling on my pant leg. 

"You're Carter Wells, aren't you

"You're Carter Wells, aren't you. I'm a big fan. I watch all your videos." She said. I kneel next to her so we are face to face. She was in a hospital gown and her hair just started to grown in again. I nod a yes with a smile on my face and let her continue. "You really encouraged me to try new things and not to be afraid of things that we have no control over like the future. Carter, you're my hero."

I want to cry. This girl is so sweet and it hits me hard to know that I'm a hero to her. "I'm honoured to be your hero. What's your name?"

"Izabella." I take both her hands in mine. So small, so frail.

"What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. How old are you Izabella?"

"I'm..." She counts on her fingers and holds the up. "I'm eight." 

I nurse comes around the corner, pulling Izabella away. "Izzy, you had me worried sick." The nurse hugged Izabella then turn to me. "Sorry Carter, Izzy here is a big fan." I stand back up.

"No, it's fine. Really, Nancy." Izzy whispers something into Nancy's ear.

"Can Izzy have a picture?"

"Of course, she is my number one fan." 

We take a picture and I told Nancy I would sign it for Izabella when it prints. I say my farewells to Izabella and Nancy and head into Dad's room.

"There you are." He was sitting up in his bed reading the newspaper.

"Hey, Dad." I give him a hug and sit on the edge on his bed. He looks a lot better than yesterday.

"How did your date go with Tanner?" I came here before my date yesterday because I was nervous and didn't really know what to do since Mum has gone to L.A. for a few days to talk to some doctors about Dad.

"It when really well." I blush at the thought of last night's events. I stop myself as Dad studies my face, looking for any clues of what exactly happened.

"As long as you two use protection, I say live life to the fullest. Look at me, I'm stuck here at the age of 40. Live your life, Carter. Just no drugs or alcohol. Okay?" So he is not mad or going to go on some rampage hunting Tanner down to kill him? That's good.

"Okay, I love you, Daddy." I give him a hug and he hugs back.

"I love you too, buttercup." 

We talk for awhile until his lunch came. I kiss him on the forehead and said goodbye. I stopped by Nancy's desk area and signed the photo of me and Izzy with a message:

Izzy,

You may be my biggest fan but I'm your biggest fan too. Keep trying new things and never be afraid of  what the future holds.

Your number one fan,

Carter Wells

By the time I got home Tanner and Braungardt were messing around with scooters in the road. I honk and park in my driveway. All I could think about was what my dad said about living life and how I inspired a little girl. She made my heart just melt.

A/N Sorry I have been sick for the past few days. Comment, vote, and if you what follow me.