Chapter 50: Beginning Our Plan

Dimitry's POV
This has to work.

"OK, Simon. You've got the splash potion, right?"

"Right." He replied, showing me the potion, shimmery and sparkling in his hands.

"Make sure nobody sees it, until the very end."

"Got it."

"You ready?"

"Whenever you are."

Simon walked up to the villagers that were watching eagerly, and began with the plan.

"Hello everyone! Now, you guys are in for a treat today! We happen to be a group of magical magicians from far, far away, and, we happened to have bumped into your village! You guys get to witness something that has never been witnessed before. Watch, as we lift this tree, without even breaking a sweat! And watch, as we go and restore your village!"

Villagers cheered happily, just as we planned. I stood there in shock. Usually, Simon shows little to no emotion whatsoever, but, he did a pretty good job with emphasizing our story.

Ells thought that the villagers (who didn't seem to know much about basic technology, for some reason) would panic if they saw something unexplainable. Thought it might be "black magic". If they thought this was black magic, then their scenes would expand, and we wouldn't be able to use the potion.

So, to begin with, Violet used her Air Magic to lift up the tree. The villagers gasped, and stared with wide eyes, as she got it up and balanced it on the tree stump.

Then, Ells got to work. She put her finger where the slice of the tree was, and closed her eyes. She began to run her finger where the sliced tree cut was. The slice of the tree began to glow green and purple. The roots mended back together where Ells had ran her finger through. Then, just like that, the tree looked (almost) back to normal!

As all of this was happening, Simon and Astrid explained what was going on with each movement. They didn't say anything about the real history of magic. Just that we were magicians. Nothing more.

Then, it was my turn. I went to the tree, and put my hands on the core. I could feel the heart of the tree glowing warmly on my hand. I focused on that, and started to focus. Deep into the Earth's core, where all of it's nature is nurtured.

Apples, oranges, pears, pineapples, and fruits I didn't even know existed started to grow on the roots of the tree. Each fruit looking more ripe and you juicier than the last! I was sort of jealous now! I would love this tree as a house plant! I smiled, as I looked at our finished tree with happiness!

Now that the tree was back up and on its feet, we had another problem to attend too.

The spot where the tree had fallen on had smothered the wheat into black pieces of dust and death.

It was time to begin with stage two.