Chapter 20: The Magic Battle

Ells' POV
So, I was next. I had to fight one of the kids from Team Explosion. All of the kids on my team already fought, and won victoriously. I was the last battle. I can't lose for my team's winning streak.

"Our last one-on-one Magic battle will be with Ells, from Team Nightblade versus Red, from Team Explosion!" Mrs. Celestia said, as the kids started to cheer.

I stood up, and so did Red.

"Good luck..." Astrid whispered to me, as I made my way up to the battlefield.

Red went on the red side, while I went on the black.

Red looked at me, and gave me a cocky grin. The other team was screaming out random mean things to boost up his confidence, and to try and bring me down.

"Go on, Red! Knock 'er dead!"

"Send another one down to recovery!"

"Rip her guts out!"

Everyone just looked at the one kid like Really?.

"Ooook then! Let's just start the battle now!" Mrs. Celestia said, as we got ready to fight.

I was a little scared, but I wasn't going to let it effect this battle. Don't let it interfere. Don't let it show.

"3... 2... 1! Go!" Mrs. Celestia yelled, as the battle began.

Red instantly started running towards me, his hand completely inflamed by the red fireball that surrounded it.

Water and fire.

I quickly covered myself in a ball of water, jumping, dodging his attack.

I took the water and made multiple baseball-sized balls of water. I hovered off the ground a little bit, throwing the balls at him from all directions with as much force as possible. They turned into hail, hitting him with lots of force.

He started to hover off the ground, then he started to grin.

All of a sudden, something yanked me down, and I hit the ground, hard.

My head started to pound like crazy. I sat up slowly, and tried to stand up, but ended up falling on my face again. I looked at my feet, which were tied up with vines. Of course he used vines...

"Give up, girly." He said. His teammates started to laugh mockingly.

I looked up to see him staring down at me. He looked so evil. And I looked so small. This was it. He was gonna hurt me, and I was gonna lost this battle, and fail my teammates.

But then, something hit me. Like an electric burst. Now is not the time to give up, especially on my teammates. On my friends.

I glared at him angrily, energy rushing through my veins. His eyes, they showed worry. Perfect.

Time to show him what I can do.

A/N: The fanart linked to this chapter is made by LivvyHeartbreaker! Make sure to show her some love for this amazing picture!