Chapter 34: Time to Strike

Ells' POV
The whole entire day had past. Once in a while, Mrs Kuro would reminds us not to leave our rooms due to the lockdown.

All of us ripped off the blankets and pillows from our rooms and slept in the main room together.

Well, except for me.

I was really hungry, but I didn't want to wake anyone. If I could just walk in between the right cracks...

Slowly, I moved from my spot and stood up. So far, so good. Then, I quickly tiptoed through people. My tiptoes seemed as loud as Bigfoot though!

"Ells? Is that you?"

I stood still. Was that Astrid?

"Yes?" I whispered loudly, hoping that his voice was just a figment of my imagination.

"Come here for a moment." He whispered back.

Busted.

"Alrighty." I said, as I stepped in between everyone and saw Astrid sitting crisscross on the floor. I sat next to him, my face bright pink.

"Ells. I need you tell you something. Something very important. Something I can't say in front of everybody else."

"What's wrong?" I asked him, getting a little worried on where this was going. It didn't sound like it was going to end well.

"Ells, I... I..."

"Yes?"

"I lo-"

"Hey guys!" I heard, as me and Astrid jumped in surprise. When did she wake up? How long had she been awake?

"H-Hey Wendy." Astrid said, as I blushed a little.

"I can't go back to sleep. So, I'm going to go patrol outside instead! Ells, can you come with me? I don't wanna be lonely..." Wendy asked me, as I nodded my head. She smiled brightly.

"Wait a minute. Didn't Mrs. Kuro say not to leave the room?" Astrid asked, his voice filled with concern.

"It'll be fine, Astrid. Don't worry! We will be back before the others even wake up." Wendy said, as I put my shoes on.

Once we were ready, Wendy waved goodbye and left the room.

I waved goodbye to Astrid and gave him a hug, before following her out of the door.

We walked for a few minutes in the dark hallway. Only the little, tiny, green emergency lights were illuminating the hallway, giving everything a nice, green, reflective glow.

I never really liked the feeling of the dark, so I kept looking around for the nearest light towards us.

And, yes, that movie still lingered in my mind. Those gory, bloody phantoms with their bright sharp teeth and bloody hands...

I looked behind me to make sure that something wouldn't pop out and try to eat my soul. Luckily, nothing of the sort was there...

Wendy stayed quiet the whole time, which was not normal. Especially with Wendy. Wendy always talks, even when it's a bad time to talk!

"So... Wendy. I know you. You would not just walk out here in the middle of nowhere to patrol for the spy. Anyways, you were scared to death of the spy when you came to us. So, where are we really going?" I finally asked her.

Big mistake.

She grabbed my wrists, an evil grin on her face.

"You'll see, Ells. You'll see."

A/N: Surprise! I posted two chapters in one day! And, I left you guys hanging with a fancy smanchy problem... I'm so evil!
I am riding to one of my Academic Challenge games, so I wrote really quickly! I'm so proud that I managed to finish it!
I hope you enjoy the surprise, and I hope you enjoy the story right off till the end!
- Em