Chapter 66: Cave of Reflections

Simon's POV
The reflections from the slightly shaved rocks in the cave gave a calming atmosphere. The blue and purple Lites welcomed the group of newcomers into the entranceway.

I remember when I saw these beautiful creatures for the first time... I was weak, young, and didn't know squat about anything. I didn't know all of those choices that I now regret making as a kid. If I could go back to the past, I would...

But I did it for her.

If only I could tell her what was coming... If only he'd let me warn her...

Ells' POV
"Hey, Simon?" I asked, as I slowly cupped my hand over one of the purple fireflies.

"Yeah, Ells, what is it?" Simon asked, walking towards me.

"What are these things?" I asked, showing him the creature. It was glowing a bright purple, moving along my palm, as it went to my pointer finger.

"It is one of the glorious wonders of this place... the animals. The Lites, or fireflies, are harmless, but some of the animals could do some real damage in your world. That's why they live here, in Spiral." Simon said, a light smile on his face, as he watched the purple firefly slowly fly off of my hand.

"Cool." Violet said, leaning against the wall. One of the Lites landed on her nose, slowly crawling up to her forehead. She grabbed the Lite, and closed her hand, before opening it again, letting it fly away.

"Look at me!" Hunter said, the fireflies sticking all over his body, making him look like a Lite himself!

"How'd you do that?" Astrid asked, laughing. We all began to laugh, as Hunter shook the Lites off his body.

"Where are we, anyways?" Violet asked, as she walked to Simon.

"This place is called the Cave of Reflections," He replied, "The entranceway to the Chaos World."

"You mean... we're not in our home planet anymore?" I asked, curiously.

"Sort of, but not exactly. I think it would be best if somebody else told you." He said, as he placed his hand on the wall. A green light scanned his hand, and the machine on the wall beeped.

"Welcome back, BCC Unit 14. He's been expecting you." A computer-programmed voice said, ringing out through the cave. All the lights turned off, one by one. And then, it was dark.

No POV
A loud creek started to echo through the cave, as an entrance started to open up. Once there eyes got used to the light, they saw the new scenery of Spiral, and their eyes went wide.

"Woooow! No more forest trees!" Ells exclaimed loudly, as she ran into the tall, dark blue grass. She went rolling in the grass, laughing and smiling, with the look of pure joy in her eyes.

She stopped rolling and laid there, looking into the deep violet sky, gazing into the stars.

For the first time in a long time, she truly felt like she was at home.