Stepping on the door on the way out, I headed down the hall and downstairs. Adam and Brett were in the sitting room as I had thought and I ignored them entering the kitchen. A steamy box of pizza was on the kitchen countertop. I was ravenous for not eating anything all day and the food was the only thing on my mind right now. I hurried through the kitchen grabbing a plate to put the pizza slices on along with a glass of the orange juice which I got from the fridge. I recklessly dropped them on the counter top and pulled the pizza box towards me throwing the lid open.

What the...?

Livid at what I was staring at. I slammed the lid shut squashing the pizza inside and grabbed the box from the countertop and chucked it into the bin. That piece of human waste had taken bites from the ever single slice.

Hmph. Now it's no one's pizza.

I had to head back up the stairs to get my cell phone that I had left in the pocket of my jeans. I dialled the Chinese place and ordered some chicken chow mein before heading back down to await the delivery. Hopefully, I didn't die from starvation before they arrived with it a year later. I laid curled up on the living room couch waiting almost ten minutes for the food to arrive.

Ding Dong!

I hopped on the couch almost losing my bed slipper in the process. Adam and Brett stared at me and I just ignored them walking to the door to get the food.

"You took your time didn't you..." I hissed at the delivery guy who was waiting outside.

My eyes met his and he looked taken aback by my abruptness. I paused, staring at the tall dark haired boy standing in front of me. His mouth formed a visible 'O' as one hand stretched forward handing the bag of Chinese food to me.

"Here," I say handing him the cash, "keep the change."

He gave me a half nod then cleared his throat.

"Enjoy your meal, um Miss," he muttered as I took the bag and he pushed the cash into his fanny pack and turned heading back down the driveway.

I stood frozen in the doorway, watching him walk in his yellow shirt that was his uniforms. Only once did he look over his shoulder back at me as my eyes remained glued to his back. He scratched the back of his head and tucked one hand into the pocket of his khakis before getting behind the steering wheel of a car.

He was a bit decent on the eyes that's why I couldn't stop staring even after the car had gone. Oddly enough he looked a bit off. Or was it just the fact that he resembled that moron from earlier with his dark hair and mysterious green eyes.

Not that I cared much.

"Seen the UFO that's gonna bring you back home?"

I turned and came face to face with Adam standing at the door.

"Believe me if I did, I would gladly hitch a ride."

I stomped past him knocking his arm with my shoulder because I wasn't as tall as he was. I walked back to the couch and the door slammed shut before Adam came strolling back to the couch. Brett stared at me as if he had seen a ghost.

I hissed at him, "why don't you just move in already?"

He gave me a nasty look and I rolled my eyes before collecting the food from the bag and digging in.

If I had waited another second I would have definitely died from starvation. Adam pressed play and the television screen lit up. I almost choked when I realized what they were watching.

I hissed at the both of them and held the box of Chinese food in my clutches before storming out of the sitting room to finish eating in my bedroom.