Doge

I sat now in very unfamiliar settings. Even when I was alive I never went places like this.

I had somehow landed in the lap of luxury, a place for the rich and powerful, or at least that's what it felt like. The entire ceiling was brushed with gold, and rich tapestries decorated the walls. The furniture was either fine leather or mahogany and thick red and gold rugs filled the hardwood floor in a statement of opulence and grandeur. I looked down at the rags I was wearing. It was like a plain white hospital gown more or less, but entirely closed at the back. At least it used to be, till Passus tore it up with that whip. It's what I had woken up in, but definitely not what I had died in. I sat for a moment mourning the loss of the new sparkly doge meme t-shirt that I had worn on that fateful day. It's probably all covered in blood and car crash now, I wonder if they buried me in it...

"That would certainly make for an interesting funeral."

I jumped and fell right off the red velvet sofa that I had been perching on.

"But then, that's not the only interesting thing about you, is it Allie?"

"You ever heard of knocking??" Jeez, you could've given me a heart attack you moron.

"It's a good thing that your heart no longer beats with a purpose then, isn't it?"

I huffed and looked up from the floor. Sexy demon smiled down at me, a glimmer of amusement dancing around his dark pupils.

Wait a minute...

Ughhhh it's the mind reader. It wouldn't be such a problem if he wasn't so fucking hot. And just, just so gorgeous and oh my god, his hair... oh Jesus oh fuck. Oh fuck.... You know you listening in on this is a real invasion of my privacy you creep.

He chuckled and held out a hand to help me up. I took it and sat back on the sofa.

"It's simply too entertaining for me to even remotely consider stopping."

asshole

"Really Allie? You're too kind."

"What the hell are you doing here anyway?"

"Well, it is my office. More importantly one might wonder why you are here. And believe me when I say," he put a hand either side of my thighs and leaned over me with an expression that would have made a nun pregnant "I fully intend to find out."

". . . "

He smirked again, revealing perfectly white teeth before sitting on an identical sofa opposite mine. Spreading his legs in that way cocky guys sit and resting his right hand nonchalantly on one knee, whilst bringing his left up to run through his silky black hair. Not once did he break eye contact with me.

Pull yourself together girl. And for the love of god stop staring at his dick, he knows you're doing it. I mentally slapped myself and tried to regain my composure.

"What is this a little Q and A session then?"

"You could say that..." he paused "May I?" leaning forward he gestured to my hands.

"Sure..." I placed them in his. Once horrifically mangled and unrecognisable as even being hands, they were now smooth and perfect. Not even a nail was chipped.

"How curious..."

I felt electricity prickle over my skin as he brushed his thumb over my palm. I heard his breath hitch ever so slightly. He felt it too.

"How very curious indeed." His eyes flickered momentarily to mine.

He flipped my hand over and examined the other side, minutely inspecting each finger one by one before placing my hands back in my lap. I noticed that his hand lingered a little when he touched my leg, flirty bastard.

"And now if I may... the other injuries?"

I turned around and shrugged the white robe off of my shoulders, letting it slowly fall to my lower back to reveal my unmarked skin. Even though I knew it was an unnecessary action (the robe was already torn up enough at the back for him to see plenty without my assistance) I wanted to get a little payback. It worked, he still hadn't moved from his sofa. I turned my head with an innocent expression on my face.

"What's the matter?" I taunted "I thought you wanted to see."

His eyes burned crimson into mine.

"Right now Allie, all I want to do is fuck you senseless, but that wouldn't be very professional, would it?"

I gasped audibly as the hunger in his eyes consumed me.

*tap tap tap*

A polite knocking at the door severed the tension.

"Enter." He said calmly, as though he hadn't just said what he just freakin said.

I rushed to pull my robe back up and sit normally on the sofa before an elderly reptilian demon, dressed in a butler suit opened the door and stood facing us.

"The baths have been prepared my Lord."

My lord, who is this guy?

"Excellent, thank you Mercill. I shall call you to escort Miss Jones shortly."

"Very good, my Lord." He left and quietly closed the door.

"I took the liberty of assuming you would appreciate a bath and change of clothes. I am aware of the kind of environment in which you were previously situated."

"T-thank you." That actually sounded amazing. I touched my gross matted hair, and I knew there was soot and crap layered all over my body.

"You are very welcome, Allie."

I noticed then that he was the only demon since I got here to call me by my first name, which made me curious.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Asmodeus." He replied casually.

Huh, where have I heard that before?

*tap tap tap*

Another knock at the door broke me from my thoughts.

"Enter."

"You summoned me my Lord?" Mercill spoke.

"Yes, Miss Jones will bathe now."

When on earth did all the summoning happen? I thought.

"You seem to forget that I can read minds surprisingly frequently Allie. One would have assumed by now that you would also have figured out, the connection functions to transmit as well as receive. Now, go and bathe. We shall continue our discussion this evening."

I'm sure I could persuade you to do a little more than just talk. I thought at him as I made my way to the door. I heard him laugh quietly as I left.