Guardian (Candice Dupree)

Fantasy Themes

You looked at the sleeping woman who wore your ring. You narrowed your eyes. She wasn't anything special. Your last owner was amazing--a military man you had protected him and given advice.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, you smiled as the moonlight hit you. Walking over to the window, you looked out it before hearing a shift. Quickly, you returned to the ring waiting to see how long it would take her to realize this wasn't just any ring.
__________________________________________________________________
Candice rubbed the pitch black ring she wore with a single sapphire sitting in the middle. The sapphire was shaped like a talon which lead Candice to wonder why the owner was so eager to sell the ring. The sapphire alone was at least a good $300 but he had sold it to her for $50.

She rubbed it again and suddenly it disappeared from her hand. Candice stared and looked around before screaming at the woman standing behind her. 

You rolled your eyes--you were not that scary. Granted you wore all black and had a sweeping, sapphire blue cape, you were not scary.

Candice stared at you. Your hair was in a high ponytail and your skin was maybe two shades darker than her--similar to DeWanna. But what was most shocking and intriguing was your eyes. They were sapphire blue. 

"Where-"

"You rubbed the ring and I appeared. No I am not a genie." 

Candice blushed.

"What's your name?" 

"You name me." 

"I name you?" 

"I'm a guardian spirit. I am passed to person to person. I never age and I never die. Now, give me a name." 

"Um....Safira?" 

You nodded before looking around.

"What's your job as my guardian?" 

"I protect you and I can be more. Depends on what you need or want." 

You looked around before crossing your arms.

"So if I told you I want my girlfriend home?"

"I'd get her for you. No questions asked."

Candice nodded. 

"I...Can I set you free?"

You laughed before giving her a look that made Candice feel dumb.

"Oh so innocent. I'll just return to my state."

You changed back into the ring and sat on her finger. She swallowed and touched it before shaking her head. She has a date tonight and needs to get ready.
_______________________________________________________________
You shooed Candice's hands away as you put her hair into a neat ponytail. She was fussing with her hair and you became annoyed before appearing and helping her. She blushed as you worked. 

"Um...So..."

You rolled your eyes before making sure she looked neat.

"I will just be a ring. Now don't you have a girl you need to be picking up?"

Candice nodded as you disappeared again. She was still in shock. Brushing it aside, she left to pick up DeWanna for their date.

________________________________________________________________

DeWanna laughed before gasping. A group of guys were surrounding them--obviously drunk.

"Oh look her guys," the leader said. "Two dykes!"