Ungodly Job (Brittney Griner)

Brittney heard you move and groaned.

"Babe, do you have to go?"

"It's my job, Brittney."

Brittney groaned, watching you get dressed and grabbed your phone. You kissed her temple.

"See you later."

"You're coming to the game right?"

"I'll try but you know crime waits for no one."

Brittney groaned but kissed you again as you left the house.
🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫

"Dr. Bones. You have a guest."

You are Dr. Lilith Bones, CSI who helped with various cases. You were also the forensic pathologist aka the medical examiner.

"Send them in."

You were removing the liver when you heard a noise.

"Oh god."

You looked up and saw Brittney. She looked away.

"Hello, Britt."

"Hey, love. How much longer...."

"Liver, samples for Abby, then I have to call Hotch down to give him the report. What are you doing here?"

"How are you talking and working?"

"Well, if you weren't here I would be talking to the body."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes."

You put the liver back and wrote your observations down.

"Lily!"

"Yes, Dr. Bones?"

"Can you take over, please? Text me when you are done- I'll check over and then we can get Hotch down here."

You removed your gloves and dropped them in the trash.

Lily set to work and Brittney felt her stomach churn.

"Babe..."

You quickly grabbed a bucket and held her hair back as she hurled. You rubbed her back and handed her a cup of water. She drank it before following you out the morgue.

"How do you do it?" Brittney asked as you two walked outside and to her truck.

"Well, one must have a love for science and the truth to stomach it. Also, I'm used to it. I hurled my first autopsy. My mentor helped me relax and showed me how to block it out. It's kinda why I talk to them. He talked to them and so I do too.

Brittney looked at you.

"That is just...."

"Freaky, odd, peculiar, satanic, demonic, insane- heard it all babe. Now, I'm hungry."

"You're hungry?" Brittney said in shock.