Chapter 37: Drunk

Start from the beginning

- I'm in.
I answer and get up from the couch to put something else on and do my hair.

**

Scott lives in this big brick house, that he shares with 4 others in the outskirts of town. It's great for partying. 

Marc was already wasted when I picked him, Noel and Jason up, and as we arrive, he bumps clumsily into the car in front of us, almost falling over.
- "Oops," he chuckles, and takes another gulp of his half empty liquor bottle, that he has been holding on to for the entire ride.

There are a couple of girls sitting on the curb, smoking and talking. I recognize one of them, Nicole? An attractive yet easy blonde. She gives me a sloppy wave, and I give her a quick nod in return and walk inside the already packed house. 

We search the room for familiar faces and we find Scott, Noel and Jason in the back of the huge living room, sharing two couches with some girls. 

We join them and we play this stupid drinking game, called 'drunken tower' like we did when were like 16. Girls always love drinking games, but whine and complain every time they have to take a shot - fake of course. It's definitely an easy way of getting wasted fast. 

When the game is over, and we leave our little private sitting area, I'm already feeling my vision slowing down and my mind getting heavier. We walk through the crowd, me with a cup of something in hand, as we head towards the stairs leading upstairs. Some skanky girl tugs at my shirt and leans in to whisper something into my ear. Her black hair smells like apples, and it tickles my neck uncomfortably. I hand her my cup and keep walking. 

- "Davis!" I hear Scott's voice from behind me over the music. He whistles with two fingers in his mouth in tribute.

I turn around, surprised to find Jai Davis, Jade's twin brother, next to Scott. What the fuck is he doing back in Bradford? Also I can't make any sense of how Scott know Jai. That little twat.

Jai gives me a friendly nod, and I give one in return, taking in his appearance. Hes wearing dark jeans like mine, and a tank top, showing off his new ink.

Last time I saw him, he had only a couple of tattoos on his shoulder and at his wrist, but he's got his right arm fully covered now. Fucking wannabe.

**

- "Want a line?" Scott asks, chopping the white powder with a credit card, getting rid of any clumps, and parts it into small white portions. 

I shake my head and take another big gulp of the bottle that seems to have glued itself to my hand. The fluid burns all the way down into my stomach.
I stand against the door frame, watching each of the boys snorting a line of the white goods. I'm not even sure what it is. Knowing Scott, it could be anything.

- "His girlfriend wont allow him," Jason laughs, rubbing his nose. Fuck you.

- "Girlfriend?" Scott says, raising and eyebrow in my direction. I take another gulp, shrugging my shoulders. 

**

They don't have to make their offer more than twice before my cravings get the best of me, and my drunken self end up doing a line. I do tend to do stupid shit when I'm drunk, but also it has just been so long since I've got my fix.

I know I promised Zoe not to do drugs anymore, but right now her voice in the back of my head sounds so distant that it just doesn't matter right now.

**

I end up having to walk home, after spending an hour more at the club down the road from Scott's house. The trip home isn't too short, but I don't bother calling a taxi, besides my phone has run out of battery.

I feel cold and dizzy as I start walking down the street. The light from the street lights is too bright and it hurts my eyes. I don't even bother using the sidewalk, so I just walk on the road since here's no traffic anyway.

That's when I make out the sound of a car, and my squinted eyes can just make out the headlights, reflected off the wet pavement. 

The increasing sound of music, tells me that the car window is being rolled down. My mind instantly tells me to run. An instinct I have developed from being a former dealer, I guess. 

- "Malik?" I stop walking, and turn around, to the sound of Jade's voice.
Strange timing. I think to myself.

- "What are you doing out there? You're gonna get a cold, jump in,".

** 

- "Been partying a bit too hard?" she teases. I ignore her, and she begins the hum along with to music. 

- "You got your radio fixed yeah?" I ask. When we used to hang out, she always complained about it.

She nods, looking at me and clicking her tongue against the roof of her mouth, as she turns the volume up to it's highest, almost blowing my eardrums. 
I must admit she's got better sound than my own car.

- "Sick right?" she almost shouts over the music, nodding her head and mouthing the lyrics.
I nod approvingly. She turns it down again.

- "Actually, turn here," I say. "I've moved," I can't help smiling foolishly as the words leave my mouth. Fuck I'm drunk!

- "You moved out?! No way!" the excitement in her voice is evident.
I nod.
- "Yeah,"

- "You've been talking about that forever!" .
I have actually.

It's hard to find the complex in the dark, especially when not being able to think straight with the woozy feeling in my intoxicated body.

I step out the car, and dig into my jeans, for my apartment keys.

- "Wanna come inside and see?" I ask, slightly slurring.

- "Sure!"

_________________________
Please vote and comment! And wOW it's ranked #120 in FanFiction, holy fuckkk!

pls pls don't be a silent reader it only takes a second of your time to vote :DDD