~ Chapter 34: The End of The road ~

CPOV

I heard the sounds of voices in my head, voices I didn't recognize. They were whispering in my ear words I could not make out, there was laughter and crying, sobs of great sorrow panged in the back of my head like a hammer and all I could see was the pitch black darkness that surrounded me. Then like a ray of hope a small little voice entered my ear.

"You're almost there, Hun." I could feel the warmth of her words like her body was up against mine in an embrace. "It's not far now," she hummed in my ear, I murmured my voice trying to speak back but my mouth would not coordinate properly and I blinked in the darkness trying to find her. I could feel my hands reaching out in the thick black void; they were hitting nothing but air no matter how much I moved forward to try to touch her. "You're here now Hun; it's time for me to go."

"NO, if I'm here then why can't I touch you? No please don't go!" I could feel the coldness start to surround me as her body heat disappeared along with the rest of her presence.

"I'm sorry Hun," she whispered, her form took hold and her face was in front of mine. She smiled greatly and pulled back a lock of my hair to see me eye to eye. Then she faded away as she was about to embrace me once more. "Your mother would have been proud." Then, she was gone for good.

"No, no don't leave me Aunt Lauren!" I felt my hands wrap around something solid and held onto it for dear life. "I need you!"

Suddenly that solid something shuttered and my eyes shot open. I looked up and saw Derek wide eyed and trying to control his breathing from shock. I had him in a death grip around the waist and we were still in the car, no one else was in it and it was stationary.

"M-my god Chloe!" came a voice from outside. Tori was hooting and tapped on the window, Aidan and the frat pack had their mouths wide open.

"Looks like someone is a little..." Simon elbowed Tori and snickered. I jumped from my seat and Derek and I flew out of the car.

"What's with you guys?" I asked, Derek rubbed at the sleep in his eyes and leaned against the truck. I shot him a look of apology and he nodded in acceptance.

"Where are we?" Derek yawned, he was glancing around at the starry sky and then his eyes fell on the strip of motel rooms we were parked alongside.

"This is the resistance base camp." Simon said lining it with a laugh; he then grinned to me and chuckled. "Also known as Big Al's Bargain Inn." Tori came up beside me and stole my bag from my hand.

"We are about 10 miles up the strip from that damn man Doctor Davidoff and the rest of those freaky associates of his. The adults found the address you told them about in your dream and it's legit, the Edison group are just up the road. You will be heading that way in about four hours," she leaned down with her mouth curled into a dastardly grin. "...at the stroke of midnight." I shuddered. Derek came up between us and eyed Tori.

"Stop that, leave her alone Enright." He growled, annoyed.

"WhatWhat? I didn't do anything, not my fault she is such a scared little rabbit. Probably is all your fault, wolf boy!" she said poking his chest.

"Hey, watch it with the wolf boy!" Simon butted in trying to prevent an argument.

"My fault? What did I do?" Derek spat back, looming over her.

"Enough you guys, quit the bickering. It's nobody's fault that I am a little nervous okay?" everyone turned to me and I faced the onslaught of their eyes.

"Chloe," Derek whispered.

"You don't have to go if you don't want to, you know?" Aidan said, his eyes were calm and sincere, Derek's nostrils flared and he turned slightly to Aidan, his eyebrow arching. Aidan stiffened and looked away.