~ Chapter 28: Just Tell Her! ~

CPOV

Those warm arms around my shoulders fell away, along with his eyes to mine. I felt the tears well up behind my lids and whimpers began to crawl up my tightening throat.

"D-Derek, I'm so sorry." He suddenly snapped back to me and grabbed my shoulders. He pulled me up along with himself until we were standing, but still he wouldn't let go.

"No," he said, his head shaking. His eyes scared and shining, was he crying, or was that his night vision? His grip tightened, but it didn't hurt me, he was being very gentile. I saw his body stiffen, then his face came down to mine so we were at the same level. "No, I'm sorry." He clenched his teeth, his fangs showing as he faced me with his stressed features. "This is my fault, if I didn't get you didn't get involved in the escape from Lyle House with us then you would of been_."

"Probably dead!" I added; he flinched at my remark.

"What are you_?"

"I mean is if you guys didn't decide to run away from that god forsaken place we all would have ended up like Liz, Brady...Amber..." I gulped."And Rea,"

Derek shook me.

"Don't think that way Chloe, Rea isn't dead, we will get her back!" I shook my head, my brain was just not letting the right words leave my lips but I trudged onward with what I was saying.

"Without you Derek, I don't even want to imagine what could have happened to us." I grasped his hand, which I found to be shaking until I laced my fingers into it.

"I will never let anything happen to you- I mean you guys." He said, his arm was stiff in my hand; I looked up at his eyes, so green and intense with worry. I had to say something to relieve them, anything.

"My aunt told me that they will "be done" with your father in one week if he won't cooperate. Apparently they have had him in their custody for only a short while, they were the ones who captured him at first but he escaped and wasn't found until now." I lifted our conjoined hands and squeezed harder, his eyes wide."Right now we need to focus on getting your dad free, we have one week, let's make it count." That's when he pulled me into him, his shoulders shaking as he tried and failed to hold back sobbing.

"Thank you." He uttered with his voice cracking.

That morning we all clambered together to figure out what to do. I must say that Andrew was completely against storming the place with our powers blazing demanding Kit, which Tori suggested, and sitting passively by waiting for the resistance members to come together was completely out of the question.

"It could take weeks to contact and gather them all, and even longer to have a meeting to figure out what appropriate actions to take." Andrew stated. After I told them the location Aunt Lauren showed me in the dream she wove, the adults talked for a bit. We teens dispersed to do our own things at the mean time, and I went up the stairs with Tori and guess what I saw?

"Simon, what are you wearing?" she said, Simon looked up, his face flushing.

"Well," he pulled at his parachute of a shirt."I didn't have anything clean to wear so I borrowed one of Derek's." He must of been desperate, that shirt was almost to his knees, more of a dress than an actual shirt. Derek came stomping down the hall, his chest bare.

"Give me that." He grumbled, stripping his shirt off Simon.

"Hey! I was just borrowing something clean!"

"Well bad timing," Derek pulled it on. "This is my last fresh one." I look over to Tori, her face red from the male streak-fest going on right in front of us. I had to say, Derek was indeed something to look at. I swallowed that thought before it even materialized, that's enough of that!