~Chapter 7: Being In Shock~

DPOV

I felt myself moving through a thick fog, it was warm, but blew in a way that made me gather a chill up my spine. I heard footsteps, a voice echoing far off in the distance, and laughing coming from all around. I stopped, I didn't know what was going on, my senses told me that something was coming, but all I could see was the thick blanket of blindness in my wake.

A growl rose from the bottom of my throat, and my head spun around. Instinctively my ears tried to pinpoint where all the sounds was coming from, but it had to be a mistake because my senses told me that they were coming from everywhere, and nowhere at the same time.

"What's wrong Derek? Never visited with your conscience before?" A tall dark haired man appeared from the fog, his eyes glittering with slyness, and a smile lined with intimidation played across his face.

"Who are you?" I said glaring at the man, preparing to hold my ground. His eyes looked up and down me numerous times, his expression never faltering, but getting more and more amused

"My- my boy, you sure have a long way to go." He was about to come closer when suddenly my instincts kicked in and I dropped further down, eyeing him through my bangs as a growl rolled up my throat. He never even flinched, but just put up his hands and asked for me to calm down.

I would of if I could, my body seemed to be acting on its own for some reason, and although that did frighten me, if anything, that man frightened me even more.

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!" I commanded. He didn't seem deterred by me, it did not help I was smaller than him, which I was extremely unused to, or the fact that he seemed stronger. I could tell in the way he stood, he had power hidden under his baggy dress clothes, and behind those desolate eyes. I didn't know honestly if I could take him.

"Is my less developed self honestly this stupid?" He said it as if he was surprised, I grunted.

"So I'm guessing that you are pretending to be an older version of me or some other load of bull." He raised himself up straighter so all of my 6'3 self could take a true gander at this 6'7 wannabe. I was really starting to have enough of this, and I made sure to let it show.

He glanced down to me; a look of concern replaced his intimidating smile.

"I didn't come to hassle you Derek, I came to warn-err, help you out with something you probably don't know of yet."

"And what would that be?" I said, making sure my eyes were planted firmly into the direction of his; I was never letting him out of my sight. He was up to something, I could feel it.

"As you may have already realised, I am not a real person, I am your sub conciseness, your human sub conciseness. " I nodded. Whatever insane person, I was not buying it."I came to tell you that the equilibrium between me and your wolf self has been lost" what am I, a balancing scale? "What I am trying to say is... your losing your human- err, becoming less human." Huh? I dared to let my eyes drop from his, and stared at my hands, then moved on to my torso and feet. I thought I seemed fine, there didn't seem to be any difference from my usual self.

"It's not the outer you I'm talking about, it's what's in here." He tapped his head, and I wanted to hit myself for thinking of such a stupid reaction. "The instincts of the wolf had been gradually taking you over for the past six months." When I first started growing substantially.

"This can't be good, how can I stop this from continuing?" I asked cautiously. I saw his shoulders slightly slouch, like he was expecting this question and was ready to answer it.

"Andrew was trying to tell you about it, thought you had the right to know what was happening to your body. But a certain someone dropped a bombshell, and totally ruined his chance of telling you."