~Chapter 12: Welcome To the Family~

DPOV

I was proud to say that I threw the first punch, watching his dumbfounded expression as it landed honestly made my day! Liam landed with a thud on the ground, groaning out a slur of half completed profanity before recovering and coming back for more.

I felt stronger than I did the last time we fought; it was amazing I was actually gaining the upper hand as I ruffed him up pretty badly against the forest floor. He was spatting useless words like "What are you doing?" or "Can't you see this isn't the time right now for settling this?" and "Stop!" at this my fists stopped flying, and I looked down at him and tried to calm my temper.

"It's about time." He coughed, his nose was bloodied, and his eye was squinting, as he tried to raise himself. I leapt off him, gasping for breath.

"Huh?" I piped; he wobbled back onto his feet and gave me an angered look of bewilderment.

"Don't you dare "Huh?" me, you little brat!" he spat out blood, and then turned back to me. "I came to tell you that the pack has found you out, so you're not my bait any more, UNDERSTAND?" I pulled back a little, what did he think I was, some sort of moron?

"Yeah right, like I would believe what you say! " I huffed, I felt magnificent, and my heart was pounding happily in my chest like a beast wanting out of its cage. I licked my teeth as a smile spread across my face. I felt my body winding up ready to pounce, I felt wonderful, I felt powerful, and I was really going to enjoy this!

Then suddenly WHACK! Out of nowhere I fell to the ground shaking, my face was stinging in the worse way, and just like that my rush of energy I had before disappeared and the fog surrounding my brain did also.

"What just happened?" I mumbled, I realised Liam was shaking off pain in his hand at the same time I was gingerly rubbing the side of my face. It didn't take me long to put two and two together.

"I snapped you out of your hormone crazed instincts for the meantime." He looked down to me and I felt a chill run up the back of my neck.

"What?" I asked, trying to disrupt the awkward atmosphere.

"Man," helped me to my feet "You're going through some major sh*t now ain't you? For a second there I thought you were going to go ape on me or something?" I backed away from him, I didn't really believe the line of bull he strung me earlier and I wasn't just going to become his best friend just like that.

"Yeah, that's why I am out here. I didn't want to hurt anyone." I preferred to change the subject.

"Well, it's too late for that!" he spat me, as well as some more blood. "I thought of beating you to a pulp for what you did back in Albany, but I am thinking better than to do that to you now. I mean, you're going through your 3 days and all; it would make me look like a chump to beat up a werewolf at their most vulnerable."

I eased up a little."I didn't look very vulnerable 5 minutes ago." I grinned, remembering the look on his face when I landed one on him.

"True, but when all those excess hormones wear off, your body goes through something and your senses get knocked out of whack. And when that happens... "He stomped down on a twig, splitting it in half "you're almost human, and completely defenceless."That's what happened to me earlier didn't it?

"Which wave are you riding now?" wave? OH wave of hormones!

" I think my third?" I mumbled, just counting the third one from a moment ago.

He went a little ridged when I said this, his face looked up to mine and I saw full out worry in his eyes. Then he got closer to me and whispered that this was going to be the rough one. I felt my hand shake as I tensed it, it was so easy for my instincts to take me over without me even realising it -perfect example was the red mark on my face for that matter- so what was I going to do if it got any worse?