~ Chapter 31: Romeo, oh Romeo... ~

DPOV

After a long discussion of how I will have to control my emotions and learn to cope with them before I become overwhelmed, Andrew ordered for me to stay in my bedroom (actually the reading room) until he could figure out how to deal with me. He seemed stressed out, always messaging the bunched muscles between his eyebrows as he spoke but I didn't care. I admitted the feelings I kept from Chloe for all this time and I felt such a relief I almost dared to check my pulse to see if I was still living. Was I in heaven? It sure felt like it!

I gazed long and happily up at the ceiling, picturing the smile on Chloe's face as I confessed to her. I recalled her eyes that almost seemed like they were screaming "Yes, Yes I love you too!" those baby blues were so wide and cheerful as her dimples poked at my heart strings so much that they made my mind flip. But then I slipped back into the real world, Chloe's face dissolved into a coat of enamel white paint until her presence was gone from the room, and I was alone.

My throat ached as I held back a whimper; I wanted to be near her, to see those cheerful blue eyes, to feel the warmth of her smile. I wanted so much to leave this room and go find her, to tell her how long that I admired her, to hold that small soft hand of hers for a second time, even if it was my last chance to. I didn't care, I would do anything... I looked at the old fan fixture as it twirled, then shifted a little on the couch when my heart started racing at the thought... I would do anything, to hear her say "I love you" back.

CPOV

After a chat that seemed to pass by like the wind, Andrew sent a dazed off Derek to his room. But before he could exit, Derek laid his big green eyes on me. He smiled lightly, and huffed; "It's going to be alright" it seemed to say. Then a flicker of something made his eyes flash greener and more brilliant, he then turned and walked away. No, he didn't say "It's going to be alright," he was trying to say "Everything is going to be alright...as long as you're here."

We ended up eating without Derek at the table, the frat pack and Liam turning up just before supper. I went to ask where they have been but Aidan just grinned and looked to Ethan and Aaron.

"I'll tell you later." He said with a smirk.

Andrew got up from his chair and started piling some food-I mean a lot of food- on to a new plate.

"Where you going?" Liam asked pointing at the dish with his fork. I knew what Andrew said before he could even say it, that much food... empty chair beside me; he was going to go feed Derek.

"Derek is not allowed to leave his room for a bit. I don't know what I'm going to do yet about this..." he motioned for a word to come out when it didn't come freely. "Circumstance but until I do, I will be sending his food up to his bedroom."

The reading room actually.

"Oh? What for this time?" Liam asked coyly, Andrew put the plate back down on the counter.

"What do you mean 'this' time?" Andrew said with a bit of an edge in his voice. Liam made a face of disinterest; he looked out over the top of our heads instead of at Andrew as he answered.

"I just... think that he has been punished a little too much lately, I come back home from a long day and this is what I find? All the kids with their heads down and Derek stowed away brooding up in one of the rooms somewhere in this house? What is going on Andrew, don't you trust him? He isn't a bad kid."

"I know he isn't, it's just_ it's complicated Liam!"

"How so?" Andrew froze, I forgot that he didn't tell the werewolves about the 'episode' he had with Derek when they were gone. I gripped my fork a little tighter, I hoped they wouldn't start an argument now, the atmosphere was already so tense, and we definitely didn't need any more disagreements in this house to add to it.