~Chapter 26: His Father ~

DPOV

The scents all around me were being mixed about by the cool breeze filing in from the open bathroom window, the knowledge that I am not the only werewolf in this house, and not to mention this whole town lingered at the tip of my nose. I stood at the mirror towel drying my hair and staring intensively at the thoughts that lied far beyond the appearance of it. I felt so tense smelling all these territorial pheromones that came with living with three other young werewolves, I could even tell which of the toothbrushes belonged to whom.

I felt my fangs again, no matter how much I recognized they were there it still was a surprise to find them every single time, it was like I couldn't believe it... no_ like I couldn't accept it. Although I was the youngest of the boys, I was the only one of them that underwent my first complete change, I could tell just by their look and smell. They gave off the scent of youth and vulnerability, but maturing... while I_ smelt of a grown wolf eager for territory... and a fight. No matter how much I really did not want to, my scent presented me as a dangerous enemy, and I could see it in all the people I shook hands with, they could sense my threatening pheramonal appearance as plain as day.

My nose was a lot more sensitive lately, picking up the minutest and meaningless scent it came in contact with, and it was starting to get annoying. Then all of a sudden it would lock onto the scent of a rich delicate nameless something that only my nose could decipher as Chloe, then my heart would jolt, and my senses burst. When that happened it was hard to keep my composer as the other part of my being would howl as sensations of nervousness rocked me.

I placed on a new pair of dress clothes supplied to me from the eldest of the group Ethan, and could smell his scent like a smack in the face as I patted the shirt flat to my stomach. I didn't really understand the reason for all these pointless introductions, although it did intrigue me to know that my honest-to-god hereditary father was living just a ten minute drive from here, so close yet so far away. Just like those eyes so similar to mine that hung only inches away from me at our first meeting, when I was accepted.

I struggled into the pants, realising that even most werewolves did not have my large bone structure as I sucked in what little gut I had and squeezed my hip bones as best I could into his pair of 36's. It really sucked that I never had the chance to buy my size clothes with Chloe's money when I had the chance a while back; I wore the same thing for a week while on the run. It didn't matter that my clothes appeared baggy back at Lyle house; they did fit me in the shoulders and waist, and back then I was still maturing fast, too fast, I had to have them big to in order to still have room to grow just in case. And even now, I could still tell I was growing, when I was back at the safe house I could at least fit into Liam's 34's. Would I ever stop at some point... jeez?

Then my mind turned to the alpha, his tall thick powerful stature and piercing angry eyes, would this be what I become? I looked over to my reflection and remembered that man from when I was in shock, how similar he was to the alpha, I blinked back this thought and focused on the mirror, I didn't really have that far to go now did I?

As I sat in the living room starring off into my thoughts Simon came up and asked me to go check on the girls, when I asked what for he just told me that if we were to leave in a half hour that we should try to hurry them up or we won't get out of here for another three. I got myself up and made my way to the stairs, what was Simon plotting with that innocent face of his beaming at me?

CPOV

I was sitting up on Tori's bed, she insisted to make me up before we left, and to shut her up I accepted. I didn't really mind, if anything it could possibly help with the alpha's impressions of me a little from last time ...possibly, I'm not saying that it will though, I could only hope.