~Chapter 16: The Promise~

DPOV

She followed me up the stairs; she followed me to my room as I went to get clothes (but didn't go in) and followed me to the bathroom, where I shut the door in her face. I sighed quietly, for some reason she thought there was something bugging me, and I couldn't tell her that it was her or she would think I was some total freak. As I brooded over this I began pulling off Liam's sweater, when I looked up I noticed my reflection in the mirror and stared.

Besides the green of my eyes the dark patches on my skin from lying in the dirt last night, I thought that I looked pretty much the same as before. My eyes swivelled to different parts of me and my mind read that everything checked out, but my gut was saying that there was a difference, something had to of changed. As I got halfway out of my shirt my eyes shot to my stomach in surprise, they were facing a mirrored version of a six pack-which I was humbly accustomed to since grade 8- but they seemed different... what was the word? Rearranged, for some reason when I stared down at them they seemed like the muscles had tightened and were woven differently sinking farther back into me and making me seem slimmer. I pulled off my shirt and motioned myself so I got a better glimpse of all around, it was true!

I huffed, glancing at my slimmer shoulders and more toned upper back I let out a silent laugh at the weirdness and smirked back an "alright!" I was sick of being stocky; I guess my body finally put the muscles in the right places instead of just them aimlessly sticking out beneath my flesh like before. But as I turned back around I realised that while looking like this, I still appeared intimidating if not more than before. No, I looked more powerful, like I had my act together, like I was ready to... pounce_.

I squinted my eyes as I pinched my arm to forget the thought, and then put my hands through my hair extremely surprised by how soft it had become. I seemed to be becoming more frighteningly powerful like... a picture of Liam came into mind, his head cocked up and his fangs glistening in pride, my eyebrows furrowed. Do you think...?

Reluctantly I opened my mouth, and raised my lips to look for any sign of_

I jumped back; there they were, those werewolf fangs so sharp and thick and terrifying. I quickly shut my mouth and held my breath to try to calm the fast beating of my heart.

"Derek, are you alright, you have been in there a while and I don't hear the water running yet or anything?" My eyes shot to the door, and I forced down the lump in my throat in order to answer her, but I still felt shaky.

"I_ I'm fine." I dropped the shirt I realised I was clutching for all this time into the old clothes bin and rushed myself as fast as I could into the shower, letting the hot water try to wash away my terror. As I came out I wiped off the mirror and stared at my hateful looking eyes, a small growl escaped my throat and my fangs showed as I clenched my teeth, then disappeared as the mirror fogged up again.

Why! I grasped the counter and bit my tongue. Why must I look like such a monster, such a... I glared up at the mirror and stared long and hard into the white condensation trying to find an answer ...werewolf?

"Derek, what is taking you so long? Your hogging the washroom even longer than Tori does!" she was laughing, but I didn't find anything right now that I could possibly laugh at, I was stomach sick with anxiety. The mirror haunted me; I have to get out of here.

CPOV

Derek stepped out of the bathroom smelling of soap, but a sharp scent neither bad nor good came off of him that caught my attention. A scent of earth and anger that I never noticed before except for a similar smell that Liam had when he was leading me into the woods. A fierce scent, one that I never recognized Derek could obtain, it made him seem threatening, but his face didn't show it at all.