~ Chapter 20: Locked in. ~

CPOV

We sat down for all of five minutes before the door bell began to ring. Apparently a ton of the community folk heard about the "new visitors" and came over to "welcome" us... sort of. They brought over pie-typical- or clothing for the "Alpha's boy" or just came over bearing their brazing eyes trying to look past Andrew to see Derek.

But Derek was in a room somewhere talking to Liam. I saw them wander off as soon as we stepped in, but I didn't want to butt in. I felt horrible for keeping what I said to Liam back at the campfire from Derek, even when I didn't mean to, but I didn't exactly wake him up and tell him either. Why is it I can be so stupid sometimes! ARRRRGGGGG!

"Chloe... why are you torturing yourself mentally?" I woke up from my daydream, and saw that Tori was beside me, her head tilted in my direction. A big smirk rose up on her face; I guess I did something funny?

"What do you mean?" She looked away, straightening herself as she sat up on the couch properly. We were in the -what I presumed was- the living room, a book shelf that was half empty and covered in old food wrappers towered over us on the adjacent wall, and a long thin window covered in junk too, hung beside us. What was this some sort of bachelor pad?

"I don't know, you just look like your brooding over something, does it have anything to do with what just happened in the truck?" her eyes rose up to meet mine, their dark hazel brown giving off a sense of curiosity that built up in my throat in a hard lump that I had to force down in order to answer.

"A little, yeah... I don't know." Her brows furrowed, and she hustled a little closer making the sunk-in couch bounce me up in down. This helped the lump stay down sorta... not really.

"What kind of answer is that?"

"I... kept an assumption from Derek, because I was a little nervous to tell him. I was scared I would... depress him." She gave a high snort at this, and I grunted at her for her rudeness.

"He is already a sad sack wolf boy; I don't think anything you could dish out would even faze him." I sat there ridged, and stiffed my shoulders against her words.

"But what if it did?" She sat up and stared at me straight in the eye, her sobering glare relinquishing any humorous wise crack I foreseen her dealing me.

"You should tell him, whatever it is; he has the right to know if it is that important Chloe." We held our eyes together for what felt like forever, then she turned and lifted the small pile of clothes the town gave Derek and pressed it into my hands.

"Huh_ ?"

"Use this," she patted the material in my arms "as your excuse to get in the conversation between those two." I shook my head.

"No, their conversation is really important, I can't disrupt it!" she pressed her finger to her lip, reminding me that two very able hearing werewolves were somewhere in this house. I shut my yap instantly.

"Then how about this..." and with that, she began whispering a plan into my ear. After a moment of listening I agreed to her plot.

"That's brilliant."

"I knew you would say that."

I made my way down the hall, Tori pushing me into the first bedroom we saw then she held the door close as she grasped the handle in preparation to leave.

"A_ Are you sure this will work... I don't really know about this anymore?" she frowned at me, and pretty much barked at me to stop whimpering like a cry baby.

"Everything will be fine, you now the plan and we agreed that it is flawless, riiight?" she was prying me, her stare trying to reassure my nerves.

"Yeeeah," I agreed finally, sighing.