~Chapter 2: What the HELL- He said~

DPOV

I just stood there, letting Simon's eyes burn into my back. After a moment of it, I became pretty damn agitated and turned on him.

"What?" I snapped. Simon flinched, but came back with squared shoulders.

"I don't know, just... that's a random thing to proclaim when we are not even on the topic or anything?" I shifted against the wall, trying to figure out why the heck I said that in that in the friggin' first place. A picture of Chloe appeared in my mind. What the HELL? I shook my head and grunted.

"Derek?" I heard Simon ask, I noticed him reaching out to me and I backed away.

"It's nothing!" I burst out, and then I trudge to my room. WHAT THE HELL WAS GOING ON WITH ME?

I slammed the door shut behind me and plopped onto the mattress, its springs groaning in protest. I laid there for a while, my mind floating on about less complicated things, kind of like a lone bubble floating through the air. Wait a minute... My eyebrows furrowed together. What a stupid way to describe how I think, lets trash that last portion shall we?

Later on I heard someone rap on the door, and I rolled back onto my stomach. A rush of Simon's scent hit me, and I mumbled for him to come in.

"Hey," he said, I noticed a little bit of an edge of concern in his face. But in common courtesy I grunted a hello back. He sat down on the corner of the bed, the mattress barely squeaking under his light weight; unlike my own, and this annoyed me but I didn't let it show. He sat there a while, probably waiting for me to start things off, but I wasn't going there, he could sit there all day if he wanted to, I was NOT under any circumstance I repeat NOT going to bring up what just_

"What were you going on about in the bathroom earlier?" I clenched my teeth.

"It was nothing okay? Just... forget I said anything." I knew he was not going to let me get away from this that easily. HOW many movies and stupid sitcoms have I seen that used that exact same line?It's almost like... an unwritten rule to pester someone right after they said that! I'm such an IDIOT!

"Come on Derek, tell me." I was really getting annoyed, and once again my throat involuntarily released a low intimidating growl.

"It's just something stupid, not even worth bringing up again alright!" he elbowed me, and the hair on my arms rose.

"Oh, come on, it's bugging me! And if it's bugging me then if must be pretty much killing you." Ohhh, he was good. I sat there, the steam building up, my head feeling like it was about to explode, but then before I could shatter my teeth into a million pieces, my head fell to the mattress.

"You win." I muttered into the sheets. I heard him laughing and pictured him with a victorious grin on his face.

"I knew you would give up eventually." Don't have to rub it in. And then I began form the beginning.

CPOV

I was walking toward the attic, figuring that there must be something about necromancers somewhere in that house. I mean, the place was a refuge for supernaturals, there had to of been some evidence of them being here, a book, maybe a ghost detecting ring that tells you if that funny guy with the curly hair in the corner of the store looking at you is a ghost or just a pervert who hadn't taken a shower in a while. I could go for anything, throw me a bone somebody, I need a lead! Soon I realized that the attic was pretty much empty, besides your normal run of the mill old junk that nobody really wants to keep, but doesn't really feel is right to throw away. Who ever lived here before us really cleaned house, they either had nothing of importance with them, or they had something of grave importance with them that they needed to hide from others.

I looked out of the cobweb covered window beside me, the spiders probably saying "Hey what are you looking at missy?" The view of the sky was blocked by century old trees, and although not being able to see the sunset and the stars above, it made me feel safer to think that maybe the whole world may not of be able to see me as well. If I was watching this on a big screen right now, I would probably be whispering that that chick was crazy.

As I came down, I made out the mumbling of two voices coming from the room a few doors up. Derek's. I knew that it was bad to eavesdrop on somebody, and I wasn't going to, to begin with but when I heard my name, I had to sneak up and plant my ear to the door.

Slowly, I heard Derek retell the story about what happened with Tori and I earlier and how we were acting strange around him. He went on about our laughing and the mumbling he heard from my room. Good! That means he didn't actually hear what we were saying! Phew, what a relief. Then suddenly I heard Simon pipe up, he started jokingly going on about how maybe Tori and I were on our periods or something, and our wiring was screwed up from it. Typical guy answer! Then he went silent for a second, and I heard the mattress squeak. Simon came back more seriously and he said in an almost whisper: Maybe they aren't used to your new appearance just yet, and to seem less rude they are taking it out with laughter. I wasn't laughing at Derek, I was laughing at what happened when he almost caught us! Then Simon said in a very low voice that I could almost not make out: If anything Derek this could help not hurt, when you someday go out to get yourself some girls. I know he was just playing around but that seemed like a very ruse thing to say!

"I don't care about girls." Derek grumbled, I heard a soft impact and could picture Derek whacking Simon with a pillow. The mattress moved and Simon was now standing, I was about to scram when I noticed he wasn't going anywhere.

"You may say that now, but puberty has already hit you physically, it will come to you mentally sooner or later, just wait_"

I didn't stick around after that, those sounded like leaving words, so I heard loud and clear in my head, ABANDON SHIP!

Eagerly I got to my room and opened up a random book from off the shelf (of normal human books BTW cause I can't find any of the ones I that I do actually need up in the attic) But when nobody came I thought maybe I was safe. And after a full hour of constant certainty over the matter, I made my way down to the kitchen to get some sort of snack before supper.

I was about to step into the door frame when a hand landed on my shoulder.

"It's not nice to eavesdrop Chloe, don't let me catch you doing it again." Ohhhhhh sh*t. No matter how nice his face looked Derek was still Derek. I'm sorry to stop now, but this is the awkward part of the story, when I turn to the person, give them a little bit of a you 'caught me' face, then run LIKE HELL!