~ Chapter 23:Whoopse ~

DPOV

As soon as I seen those deep green eyes, that neither angry, nor happy expression, those large shoulders and his peppered but once black hair, I rose up from the couch. He was so large, and the scent that came off of him radiated of maturity and dominance. There was no mistaking that he was the alpha, but was he honestly my father?

As I stood there frozen in place, those steely eyes pierced my shield, and I felt my stomach turn as he eyed me up. I was starting to get sick of being mentally breached lately... but that just told me how weak I was. What kind of man is afraid of a little glare?

Then as I stared off into space about how weak I must be, I heard a voice as cold as ice pierce my dream cloud.

"This is not my son." I heard sound in my head. I was shocked. I lowered my head away, I didn't know what to do or say, all the scents radiating off of him told my body to stay put and shut up, don't cross him and you will live another day. I could not control how my body reacted to his pheromones; I just stood stock still, being instinctively obedient.

A hand clasped to my shoulder, but it didn't really register in my mind, I knew that it was only Liam trying to defend me, but it was useless. What was the real reason for wanting the Alpha to be convinced I was his son? All this stuff honestly didn't make any sense to me, and if things were not straight forward, I quickly didn't care about it anymore.

Then I heard the sweet female voice of Chloe, I looked up and saw her yelling at the man, she was mad.

Chloe... I mouthed.

She was motioning to the others, she was explaining something, I tuned in and realised that she was trying to convince the Alpha that I was sixteen. That is when my brain shot awake. I looked over at the man, and he growled at Chloe to stop interfering. That's it!

My arms shot out and grabbed his collar, my body was flaring in rage, then I felt myself tumbling and heard voices shrieking, but most of all I saw the alphas face above mine, those pure white canines barred, and his green eyes intensifying.

"Only someone who is truly brave could ever muster up the courage to face me directly." He was breathing in my face, and I could feel the uneasy warmth radiate from off of it, but I kept my composure.

"I won't let you disrespect my friends! No matter how high in status and power you are!" I raised my head so that I was facing the onslaught of his eyes. "I won't hold back." I growled. Then the Alpha did something that surprised me, he smiled and lifted off me. He held out his hand, which took my mind a horribly long time to process for reaction to it. Then slowly I took it, and I was pulled upward so fast I was left wordless word less.

I floated in a fog as he mumbled something my shocked brain could not metabolize, I was so confused that it didn't occur to me what happened until he was gone, my hand left hanging empty in the air.

"What just happened?" Tori asked, breaking the thick silence.

"I think Derek was just accepted into the pack." Andrew stated.

"Yeah," is said, almost awkwardly, surprised by my own deep voice in the quiet room. "I think I was?"

LIAM POV

When I lead the alpha of, he was silent and unemotional until we reached outdoors.

"You were pretty hard on him in there." I said. Then he stopped in his path, and I looked at him questionably. I raised my eyes to his and saw tears welling up on his smiling face. He then closed in on me and gave me a tight hug and cried into my shoulder.

"Thank you, oh thank you Liam for bringing me back my son." I pulled away slightly, confused.

"But you just_?"

"I couldn't show my emotions to him, I had to make sure he was my son before just judging with my first impressions. I didn't want to make his hopes too high."

"But Alpha sir_?"

"He is welcome into this pack, and I hope we will finally become the father and son I always hoped would be."

"That's right, you have only a daughter sir, I forgot that."

"Yes, I love her with all my heart child."

"But now you have your son."

"Yes, and I will love him too with all my heart. And I must say it is well over due!"

"I'm glad I could be of assistance sir."

"But that comes to question, what do you want out of all this, is there not something you want in exchange for this deed of yours?" I swallowed hard; I could ask this man for anything, a better house, a better position in the pack, his daughters hand...

"I just want to be accepted back into the pack sir, I don't want to run anymore, I want to be home." I felt like such a kid for saying that, like a lost puppy calling for his mother to find him. I was more or less begging, not demanding payment. He nodded, and placed his large hand on my shoulder. It was only for a split second, but I had the thought about if Derek would reach this size cross my mind at least twice.

"Every werewolf wants to belong, I understand that boy." Then he tightened his grip and nodded.

"I will relinquish your banishment, no man who has this much good in his heart to give another man back his son should deserve to live alone and unwanted." He then let go and turned to leave.

"Th_Thank you sir." I said happily as I waved him off. He then turned around and called out.

"Bring Derek around to my place sometime soon; I want him to meet his family." I agreed and headed back to the house, shaking; I was so happy. This was almost like a dream, but as I turned back and peered through the screen of the door I realized that it was not.

I'm home, and I'm home to stay.

DPOV

Later on Chloe came up to me, her big smile tempting me with all my being, but knowing that no matter what I thought in my head I couldn't kiss her no matter how much I loved her. I didn't want to risk her getting my werewolf- thing. Man this sucks!

"Hey, you're looking a lot better, can you do that when you are about to change?" I was at the kitchen table reading the newspaper Liam brought over from the driveway.

"What?"

"Earlier when we were locked in that room you said you thought you might ...be changing right?" I looked up from the paper, face blazing. "Remember? "I think I might...I think I might..." then you almost collapsed into me remember?" then she knocked on her head. I was still staring.

"Uh..."

"Remember, I told you whenever you wanted to go out to go change I would be there for you?" my heart... I think it just stopped. "But... it looks like your better now, so that's good?"

I put down the paper and nodded, looking away.

"You ain't looking too good, you alright Derek? Are you changing again!" I looked out over the kitchen, breathing hard to try to calm my nerves. So she meant "go out" as in "go outside"...huh?

"No I'm fine Chloe."

"You don't seem fine."

"Well I AM." She bounced back a fraction of a centimetre.

"Okay... okay." Then she backed away and grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl. Then she left, that's when I collapsed myself onto the table. Sighhhh... what a mess this day has been. When will I ever be able to tell her that I like her?