~Chapter 11: I'm Back~

DPOV

It wasn't till after midnight that the rain finally stopped, and my mind started to manifest again now that there was nothing to distract it. My tongue finally stopped bleeding, and my hand started to recover also, from what I could tell it wasn't broken and that was good enough for me.

I shuffled a little, stretching my legs out from under the bows of the tree. It was quiet enough to hear your breath huff and watch it disappear before your eyes, I looked up trying to catch a glimpse of it, and instead saw something better.

It was the moon, bright and full it hung in the sky like a lone light bulb in a black room. It was peeking out from the clouds around it, casting an eerie light down upon the forest. I sniffed at the scent of dew, and saw it glittering around me almost as beautifully as the star themselves. I felt so calm, I felt...good even.

I stood up and breathed in the clean air, my body felt like it could run a marathon, heck maybe even two! I began running along the trees like a little kid, inside my mind laughing with happiness, it was finally over I could sense it!

Then I looked up from my cheerfulness to gaze at a form moving towards me... why, why didn't I smell them, and why couldn't I hear their footsteps when they were so close? I focused on them; still I couldn't make them out, their steps as well as their appearance. What was going on?

I stood my ground, but for some reason the anger and courage I usually could obtain didn't come forward. I felt weak, like I was stripped of something, something important.

"What's wrong Cain?" I heard the voice call. I remembered the voice from somewhere, tons of bells were going off but none could tell me who the hell this person was. The deepness of the voice told me it was male, but that's all I could get out of it. Why were my senses being so sloppy?

"Who are you?" I called, and I realised that I sounded more scared than threatening. No growl was coming out, and when I tried to force it, it still wouldn't come properly, sounding more mediocre than menacing.

"What's wrong young pup, having trouble growling?" Young pup? Only one person called me that, Liam.

"No, I am just fine."

"That's good, for a moment I thought you were getting soft on me." He snickered, letting out a rolling growl of a laugh, mocking me.

"Why are you here?" I said cutting to the point, I wanted to shut down this conversation as fast as I could, I didn't want him getting any closer to me when I was like this.

"Well, to be honest my nose led me here." I grunted, but it was still as pathetic as my previously attempted growl. "And to be honest," he said, coming out of the shadows, and flashing his canines. "Any werewolf could probably smell you for 20 miles." He pinched his nose and began waving his other hand in front of it.

I blinked back, I didn't smell anything?

"You are giving off so many pheromones my eyes are watering!" He took a step closer, now I could see the whites of his eyes. I was contemplating whether or not to step back. "You're going through your 3 days ain't you boy?"

"I guess you could call it that." I muttered. I heard him laugh again, glinting his white fangs. That's one difference between humans and werewolves, even when in a human form, their canines are substantially larger, not vampire large or anything, but not exactly small either, but I couldn't speak for myself, mine were human sized, probably because of the mutations.

"Pew! Man you are smellier than a broad in heat you know that!" I rubbed him off and began making my way back to... to where? I couldn't lead him back to the house, then he would find the others. But I couldn't just walk back over to the tree I was staying under, he would find me in an instant, if he was right about that I could stop a werewolf 20 miles away then I couldn't just run either. Was I saying I was trapped? DAMN IT!

"Hey speaking about broads," I looked back at him, he was sneering. "How is that mate of yours, that cute little blue eyed creature?" I felt that rush again, my third wave, I'm back and it's go time! I turned away from him, my hearing was back and I could hear every crunch of the gravel beneath his feet. "Hey it's rude to turn your back to someone, you know!" He said a few more things and I ignored it, then he came at me, and I was ready for him.

CPOV

I was sitting in my room when I heard the door creek open.

"Who's there?" I snapped, whipping my head in their direction.

"It's me." I looked up and saw those dancing brown eyes, and secretly wished they were green.

"Simon, you can't just waltz your way into a girl's room." He shrugged his shoulders, and sat on my bed.

"I'm sorry Chloe but I need to talk to you." He leaned into me again, but then rested away, realising what he was doing. He seemed fidgety.

"Whatever you need to say it can wait till morn_"

"No!" And he pushed me down and our lips made contact.