IV

edited

-

Jade

Thank goodness Elijah walked in the room at that exact moment, breaking the uncomfortable air between Klaus and I. My eyes were still on him, shock and frightened at the words that had escaped his mouth. I had wanted to break down and let the tears flow at that exact moment, not wanting to believe that he had killed my one and only friend. There was no way someone could act that cruel.. right?

But the harsh darkness and sincerity of his gaze led me to the conclusion that he had indeed killed Morgan.

No words were exchanged between the three of us. Klaus was now on his feet, as I stood up from the bed, approaching him with a disgusted scowl. My fist collided with his jaw the minute he was within arms reach, leaving a light pink imprint on his face before it vanished. His jaw only tensed slightly at the impact, whilst I clutched my fist to my chest, my knuckles aching in pain. I furiously blinked back my tears of anger. Elijah's soft chuckle filled the room at the small exchange happpening between myself and his obnoxious brother. He was a monster.

Klaus' captivating gaze turned to meet mine, anger swirling in them. His jaw was clenched tightly, crystal blue eyes slowly fading into a fiery yellow hue.

Elijah was then again in front of me in an instant, shielding my frame from Klaus.

"What did you do, brother?"

"I didn't do anything. I just simply told her the truth." I felt myself being tugged closer to Elijah's back, breathing in the sweet scent of his over coat. His presence was almost calming. Almost.

Another awkward silence filled the room, before Klaus' stupid annoying voice broke through the silence once again. It really wasn't annoying at all, I just really hated him.

"I told Jade that I had killed that little witch friend of hers. But what Jade and you do not know, brother, is that she tried to kill me with her little vampire poison." I snuck a glance at Klaus over Elijah's arm, his burning yellow eyes had now gone back to their regular crystal-like shade.

"Vampire poison? Vervain?"

"Yes, but something definitely stronger. It melted through my skin, my skin still in the process of healing at this exact moment." I watched as Klaus lifted up his shirt, revealing a deep red/purple burn mark on the side of his stomach. My eyes suddenly met his narrowed ones, and then he disappeared from my sight. I gasped when I felt arms rip me away from Elijah, spinning me around and pinning me against a wall.

Klaus' grip on my arms was tightening by the second as he peered into my eyes with such intensity that I wanted to curl away in a hole.

"Niklaus. Let her go." Elijah warned

"She knows something." He said. "Let me get it out of her."

My eyes widened when I realized when he was about to do.

"No." I shook my head, looking over to Elijah. He didn't say anything, watching us with a frown.

Klaus hand gripped my chin, turning my head and forcing him to look into his clear blue eyes. Darkness swirled within them as I felt myself being slowly drawn into him.

"Tell me what you know, love." Lured into his deep calm voice and eyes swirling with mystery, I felt my mouth start to open without my content. I fought the urge to tell him, afraid he would take away the only chance I would get at revenge. And he had killed Morgan too. There was no way in hell I would ever tell him now. This poison would be the only possible way to save New Orleans from this vampire infestation. And the only chance I could get revenge on Marcel would be gone.