Chapter Six - New Encounter

Start from the beginning

"You alright?"

I widened my eyes, that voice. It was so familiar, I've surely heard it before, even if it was just for a mere few seconds. And finally the nostalgia I felt when hearing those two words come from his mouth made me finally remember;

"Watch it, brat."

He was the one who I bumped into, only now I got to see his appearance. Now that he was facing me, I could take in his features. I was used to having only one eye as my source of vision, since I always had an eye patch over my left one, so it wasn't very hard to study his face.

He still kept an emotionless stoned expression. But the slight crease in his eyebrows that I normally didn't see in all people told me that he was not indifferent in this situation -he seemed concerned. He had pale skin, which was such a light shade that it looked almost too unnatural, like he never spent his time out under the sun whatsoever. It really contrasted with his dark outfit, as well as his deep raven black hair, making him stand out but also blend in like no one other.

His lips seemed chapped and also thin, and at the moment they were pursed together as he waited for some kind of response from me, which I was still contemplating on giving. He had a chiseled jaw, that seemed to curve right with his cheekbones. As I trailed my eye further up, that's when I noticed them, his eyes.

His eyes, I've never seen anything like them before. The gray steel was a shade you wouldn't see everyday, and the blue streaks that accompanied it and surrounded orderly around his pupils made it the perfect representation of a storm -the blue sky hidden behind the gray clouds. The two colors were a perfect combination, making his eyes unique and bright, but also dark like they held countless hidden stories that were meant to be untold.

I kept my gaze lingered on his eyes for a moment, but I seemed to be too lost in my thoughts, because soon the raven haired boy furrowed his eyebrows deeper and snapped his fingers in front of me, bringing my attention back abruptly and making me wince.

"Are you listening? I asked you if you are okay, can you hear me?" He asked with a tilt of his head, flickering his gaze to the visible bruises on my neck that still ached, almost reaching out to touch one but quickly retreating his hand before he got near.

I took a deep breath, and had to take my hand off of my left eye -but still kept it shut, so I could balance myself with both arms without collapsing onto the cold tiled bathroom floor. I opened my mouth to speak, but all that came out was sputtering and harsh coughing.

I heaved in air as my lungs begged for it through my sudden strange coughing fit, which was a bit embarrassing considering the boy -who's name I don't know yet, was still crouched down in front of me, his patience seeming to run out slowly.

After a little while of me catching my breath, the silence loomed over us once again. I glanced down at the chilled floor, my left eye still pulsing in pain, and tried to make any source of words leave my mouth.

But all that came out was, "I'm sorry."

I was even shocked at my own response, causing me to back into the wall a bit more and keep my gaze away from his own confused one.

"What do you mean?" He said a bit more irritatedly, his eyebrows furrowing deeper. But I wasn't sure if the rude tone in his voice was directed towards me specifically. I've been bullied before, and I've called rude names by rude people, so I can always tell when someone is aiming their hate towards me. But his facial expression and tone seemed a bit, different, I guess you could say.

I cleared my throat so my voice would come out more clearly, and swallowed the lump that was forming along with the built up tears. "I.. I-I'm sorry y-you had to s-see this.. I-I didn't want to be a burden..." My voice lowered in volume towards the end of my sentence as I looked down in shame.