The walls however have been painted in the lemonade pink that I chose. It looks lovely and smells fresh.

"I didn't want to over take this room too much. This is your personal space, your room—you make this room how you want it."

He goes over to the attic door and pulls it open. He reaches an arm inside and grins at me. "C'mon. This is the fucking best part, Trouble."

He crawls through the space and I'm quickly following him inside. When I expect wood to greet my palms just past the threshold, I'm surprised when I feel soft carpeting. A light above shows that the carpet is a dark blue and I look around as I crawl further inside.

What looks like a small closet is in the corner. I go over to it and pull open the doors. Inside, clothes have been crammed neatly inside on hangers, some even folded at the bottom. "Clothes?" I ask.

"They're ours—saves us always having to haul clothes over here," Gabriel calls back from further into the attic space.

I crawl deeper into the room, noticing that the air isn't as thick as I imagined it would be. I come to a stop when three steps lead me down to a lower portion of the attic. I twist my body, and walk down them, surprised when I can stand at full height.

"Right now we're directly above the laundry room," Gabriel says. "The ceiling isn't high in there, and the attic floor was all at the same level. We lowered the floor and put down some sound proof boards above the laundry room. Now we can all—even the fucking giants—stand up here. Cool, huh?"

"Yes," I reply, my eyes moving around. The walls have been painted a dark blue and the carpet is the same as the rest of the attic. At the far end, a low bed has been built, bigger than a normal king size bed. Pillows and quilts with blankets have been nicely placed onto it, not a wrinkle in sight.

Four bean bags are placed in the corner and a small coffee table with a laptop, tablet, and a remote control sits on the top. "What's the remote for?" I ask.

Gabriel picks it up, presses a few buttons, and I watch in amazement as the big light dims until it's off. A second later, tiny lights in the ceiling appear. They twinkle on and off like stars. "Wow," I murmur. "This is incredible—all of it. I have no words."

"The bed was something we all agreed on, so that we could have somewhere to sleep too. Fuck, you could even sleep in here if you wanted. The whole place is sound proof." Gabriel pauses to take a breath. "It's not finished yet, there's still a few others things I wanted to add, but it means a trip to the mall and that won't be happening just yet."

"Gabriel, it's fine. I love it." I reach out and take his hand in mine. His face lights up by the light right above his head before it dims out. "Thank you."

"Trouble, you don't need to thank us. Ever."

But the thing is, I do. They've done so much more for me than convert an attic and build some shelves. They've started to heal my heart.

xXx

"So, do you like it?" Dr Green asks as we walk back into the family room.

"I do. I love it. It's incredible." Before I can sit down on one of the spare seats, Silas is wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me down onto his lap.

"The plan for tonight is for Kota and Victor to stay with you," Silas says to me, his natural body heat soaking into me.

"Okay, that's cool," I say. "I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed after being on the sofa."

"How's your shoulder?" Dr Green asks.

Honestly, I'm so used to the ache now that I haven't noticed it much. Maybe it's something to do with the regular pain medicine I'm taking. It doesn't hurt, just aches. "It's good," I reply.

"We'll change your dressing again tomorrow," Dr Green says, and I nod my head in agreement.

"While we have everyone's attention, yesterday Miss Sorensen sent myself and Mr Toma a text message of concern. She noticed that you're all—" I clear my throat interrupting Mr. Blackbourne. He meets my eye and I silently challenge him. He pauses for a moment before continuing, "Rather, we're all looking tired and we both agree," Mr Blackbourne says. "I'm happy to say that Saturday morning we'll be leaving to go to the log cabin that the Anderson's own. They're happy for us to use it for the night."

"We'll be chilling out and recharging our batteries, with no worries of our current assignment," Axel adds.

I smile. "Good. It's what you all need."

"And you, Baby. You look exhausted," North adds.

It's then I realize that my eyes are closed. I blink them open, even though they're heavy and desperately want to close again. "I actually do feel tired all of sudden."

"We should get going then," Mr Blackbourne says. "Let you get ready for bed and then get some sleep."

"Before you all leave, can someone please tell me why I shouldn't take a fruit cup from Raven?" I ask with a grin.

"No," everyone but Raven shouts in unison, making me laugh. Corey even covers Raven's mouth with his hand so that he can't tell me.

It's fine, I'll just google it later tonight or tomorrow—not that I'll tell them that.