Countdown

The Samarov brothers added the finishing touches to their final project. They added a potion to a launcher and started the release countdown. Viktor turned to his brother. "They'll be here soon."

The group stumbled their way out of the Cult's tunnel. "The lab is close. There's a map in the book." Grayson said. They continued down the street. An arrow flew out of a shadowy alley, barely missing Grayson. Jonathan drew his axe. A skeleton came out of the alley and fired arrow after arrow. Jonathan threw his axe and sliced its head clean off. "Well, that was interesting." he said, picking up his axe. They continued intil they came to the lab and entered. "That was easy." Brandon remarked . They walked down the hallway until Brandon stepped on a pressure plate. It activated pistons that pulled the floor open, leaving a gaping chasm below. It closed after a moment. "Careful." Jonathan warned. He fell to the back of the group with Sarah  as they  walked on. "So," she said. "We're off to save the world." "I know." Jonathan responded. "But can it be saved?" Or is it too lost?" Sarah made a confused look and asked, "What do you mean?" "Remember what Jacob did. And the Hangman and Gallows. And the Cult. What if that's the best of us now? What if the old world's completely gone because it’s too lost and dark to be saved?" Sarah looked at him intently. "Then we'll build a new one." "Hey Jonathan." Martin called. Jonathan jogged to the front of the group and joined him. Ahead of them was a gaping hole in the ground with blocks scattered at the top. "Just like parkour." Brandon said, jumping to the first block. The rest of the group followed suit. Jonathan was halfway across before he heard Sarah's cry. He turned just as she fell. "No!" he cried. Not so close to the end. Jonathan thought. Then, inexplicably, he heard her cry, "Help!" He jumped to her block to see her dangling by her pickaxe. He pulled her up. "I thought..." he choked. "Later. We're not out of this yet." Sarah told him. They got to the other side and entered a lab with a console that had two buttons side by side and a console dispaying a countdown with mere minites left. But most chillingly, Viktor and Igor were staring back at them wearing twin evil grins, ready to bring on the very end of the world.

To be concluded...