Journey

The group gathered weapons and supplies for the trip to Glowstone City.  Jonathan grabbed his sword from his chest. As he closed it, he turned to see Sarah standing in his doorway. "I'll be back soon, okay? And when I am, this will all be over." He told her. "No. I'm coming with you." She said. "It's too dangerous." Jonathan argued. "I'm sick of waiting for you to return, not knowing if you died or not." she retorted. "Exactly! If everyone coming with dies, that'll include you. I can't risk that." he replied. "That’s why I want to come! If I die, I want to spend my last moments with you. I want to die beside you if it comes to that. Please don't deny me that." Jonathan hesitated. "Okay." Jonathan said at last. "Gear up." The group said their good-byes to those who stayed behind and set off towards the city. It wasn't long before they saw the lights of the glowstone from buildings and streetlights. The sun slowly set behind them as rhey entered the city. Bodies littered the streets, both of humans and mobs. "That one looks familiar." Grace said, pointing to a corpse on the side of the street. She rolled it over to see the face of Notch himself. "No.." she whispered. Sarah sobbed into Jonathan’s shoulder and he put his arm around hers. "The old world is completely gone now, isn’t it?" Grayson said. "No. It'll only be gone when we stop fighting for it." Jonathan said. Suddenly, the glowstone lamps around them were shattered and several figures surrounded them, aiming bows. One of them spoke: "You’re coming with us."