Mad Science

Then...

The seven scientists worked away on chemical equations and formulas as they made another attempt at their final goal. It had been eight months since the project leaders, twin brothers Igor and Viktor Samarov, started the project. "We've got a new guy coming. Michael Smith." one of them, named Eric said. "He's not allowed to know that there's two of us." Igor Samarov said. He exited the room. Smith walked in. He introduced himself to the rest. He was shown what to do, then got to work. Several weeks later, they had finished their project. The monsters were created and contained. Igor entered the room. "Thank you all for your hard work. I couldn't do this without you. You have created my army. Unfortunately, you won't see your work pay off." He flicked a lever, releasing all the mobs. Chaos broke out. The scientists were trying to fight off the mobs. They soon realized it was hopeless. They tried to escape, but two of them died in the process. Viktor stood next to his brother. "Samarovs!" Eric shouted. "You need to stop this...mad science." He was chased off by a creeper. The Samarovs turned and headed inside what was left of the lab. There were two purple portals next to each other. They chose one and stepped through,disappearing from sight.

Now...

The group headed back to the campsite. "James!" Jonathan shouted. A young guy ran out. "What happened?" he asked in alarm. "We came across a witch. It threw a potion at her." He took a look at Grace. "She's been poisoned. But we have milk that can take care of it." Just then, a search party came back with some news. "We found an abandoned farm about 15 miles from here." reported Ed. "We found a healing potion,but it won't heal both Sara and Tony." said Abe. "We should heal Tony." David said. "It might not heal him.We need to use it wisely."Jonathan argued. "You just want to heal Sara." Abe accused. "Look, we need to move. The mobs might get there before we do if we don't go now."Ed said. Jonathan considered this for a moment. "Okay. We'll leave and decide on this on the way." The group packed up their stuff and left. Along the way, they entered a plains biome. Tony started groaning. Then he collapsed. "He's not breathing!" announced James. Tony's corpse growled. The newly reanimated zombie stood and growled again. David drew his axe and buried it into the zombie's skull. They finally got to the farm. "Check the perimeter." Jonathan ordered. Miraculously, few mobs found their way to the isolated farm. They moved into the house and picked rooms. Thanks to it being large with many big bedrooms, everyone had a place to sleep. Jonathan gave Sara the potion and waited. "Don't worry, mate. It'll take a bit to work." said James encouragingly. He took some people down to see what crops they had. "Okay, it appears we have a surplus. We'll harvest what we need and replace the rest. If we get more seeds, we'll expand the crops. We can get meat and milk from livestock. To make sure we don't run out of animals, don't slaughter any until we breed them." He went back to the farmhouse. When he entered, he went to his bed and collapsed on it. He thought about Sara and how long she would take to get better. He laid there for what seemed like hours before he finally dozed off.