Doctor, Doctor

The group gathered their supplies and left the cave. "So, what exactly do we expect to find?" David asked. "Well, hopefully the facility hasn't been overrun. We will hide out there until we have to move again." Andrew explained. "SPIDER!!!" Tony shouted. The group turned. As it got closer, they realized it was actually a cave spider. Andrew ran up to attack it, axe at the ready. He swung down at it, but missed. He raised the axe to swing at it again, but it recognized an opening and pounced. It leaped onto his chest, knocking him over and sent his axe flying from his hands and it buried itself in a nearby tree trunk. Then, before anyone could react, it buried its poisonous fangs into his chest. Jessica drew her bow and sent an arrow flying into its skull. Jonathan ran to Andrew's side. Andrew looked awful, blood pouring from his wound; his life ebbing away. The poison was clearly taking its toll on his body; all the color drained from his face. "He looked at Jonathan. "Lead...my people. Protect... them." He gasped, every syllable more painful than the last. Jonathan nodded. He lifted his head. "Get me some milk." he said When no one moved he barked, "Now!" his voice cracked a bit. "Jon...look." said Sara mournfully. He looked at Andrew. Andrew wasn't breathing. He was dead.

The group didn't have time to bury Andrew's body. They left it behind and moved on. David noticed Sara was rather quiet. "Are you okay?" he asked her. He sighed. "Of course you're not. Were you two close?" "He was my brother." Sara said. "I'm sorry, I didn't know." he said. Sara remained silent. There was nothing for her to say. Finally, they reached the abandoned facility. They saw a few mobs around the area and killed them swiftly. Jonathan banged on the iron door. "Anyone here?" he called. The door opened. A man in a lab coat with a bow across his body opened the door. "Oh! Hello!" the man said. "May we come in?" Jonathan asked. The man looked around outside nervously. "Of course. I'm Dr Smith." He led them in. There was an open room with lots of strange looking scientific equipment. "I assume you are here about the mobs?" Smith asked. "Well, we're here to hide if that's what you mean." Jacob said. "I can help you with that." Smith replied. "Do you work for the government?" David asked. Smith nodded. "When there was a government anyway." he added. He looked at all of them. "And I know how all this started." Everyone gasped. "How?" Tony asked, the only word he was able to get out. "It all started with that flu that started going around. It was created by a scientist hired by the military to create a biological weapon. He 'tested' it by leaking it out to the public. We didn't know that he did this until he bragged about it right before everything went down. When people died from it, they would...change. So we collected them. It was determined they were no longer human or even living things. We kept them in a secret vault, where they would eventually be let out by the same scientist, but I am getting ahead of myself. As you know, we collected samples and released a cure into the air, making people immune. But the scientist stole a sample of the disease and mutated it. It now would be dormant in the body until the host's death. Then they would turn into the creatures that the unmutated disease created. These were the same zombies you see today."