Laboratory

Jonathan awoke to a banging on his door. He sat up groggily. “I’m coming.” he called, rubbing his eyes. He opened the door to see David standing on the other side. “Sara’s up.” said David. Jonathan pushed by him and practically ran to her room. She was sitting up on her bed. She looked tired, but otherwise okay. “How are you?” he asked. “I’m fine, thanks to you.” Sara responded, kissing him. David looked away uncomfortably. “I’ll let you rest now.” said Jonathan when they broke apart. He left her room,closing the door behind him. “There’s other news. A search party found another group hiding out at the high school a few miles out. The leader, Brandon, wants to meet you.” he said. “Are they friendly?” Jonathan asked. David nodded. “They appear to be.” he replied. “We’ll go, but more armed than when we went to Gallows, just in case.” Jonathan gathered people and got them on horses and they set out. On the way, they noticed an abandoned hospital. “Let’s check it.”  James suggested. They dismounted and drew their weapons. When they entered, the were shocked by what they saw. Someone had converted it into a laboratory. A man in a dirty lab coat walked in. “Hello. How may I help you?” he asked. Jonathan stepped forward. “Do you have any supplies to spare?” he asked. “I’m sure I do. My name is Grayson, by the way.” Grayson exited the room. David looked around on the bookshelves and found a book entitled: The Last Resort, Vol. III. He picked it up and flipped through it. He stopped at one page. The heading was Cure Ingredients, Part 3. His eyes widened. Grayson entered. “Ah. I see you have found my book. Now you know why I’m here.” he said. Emma looked at him. “What do you mean? What are you working on?” she asked. “What else is there to work on, dearie? I’m assembling the cure.”