Sacrifice

The man walked up and down the line of prisoners. "You." He said, pointing to a fellow Cultist. He stepped forward and bowed. "Yes, High Cultist?" he asked, standing. "You have been chosen to decide which prisoner is to be sacrificed, brother. He scanned the group. "Her." he said, pointing to Grace. The High Cultist untied her and led her to a deep pit with lava at the bottom. "Thank you for your sacrifice." The High Cultist whispered in Grace's ear. Grayson struggled against his restraints and broke free. He grabbed a sword and charged the High Cultist. He slammed into him and freed Grace. He tossed her a sword and shouted, "Free the others!" Grace ran back to where the group was tied up and cut them loose. They found their weapons and charged the Cult. Swords slashed and arrows flew through the air. Tanner charged the Head Cultist, who avoided him and pushed him over and into the pit. James tossed his axe aside and dove forward, catching  Tanner by the wrist. "Don’t let go." Tanner said. The High Cultist picked us James' axe and raised it over his head. "Great Lord Brine, accept this sacrifice." And with that, he brought it down and buried it in James' head. Tanner fell into the pit and into the lava below. Brandon, seeing this, screamed with rage and attacked the High Cultist. He grabbed him by the hem of his robes. "The sacrifice has been made." The High Cultist said. "No one else needs to die." "Not quite." Brandon growled. He buried his blade into The High Cultist chest and pushed him into the pit. As he watched the body fall, he said, "Now, there will be no more deaths today." The rest of the Cult, who suffered heavy casualties, fled at the death of their leader. Brandon kept staring into the pit. Grayson put a hand on his shoulder. "Come on, buddy. Let's go."

The end is nigh...