Hope?

Jonathan led Eric in. They sat down in the living room. “What’s up?” Jonathan asked. “There’s a cure. We can stop the flu, so we won’t have to worry about new zombies.” “What about the other mobs?” Sara asked. “We won’t be able to stop them with this cure. There is a book in one of the twelve labs that worked on the cure. That was a backup project in case the flu leaked out. They didn’t get it done in time, but at least the government was thinking for once.” Sara and Jonathan were silent for a moment. “We have to tell the people this.” Jonathan finally said. That’s what he did. “But, we have to deal with the Hangman first.” he said when he announced the ground-breaking news. Abe came up on the steps and whispered something in Jonathan’s ear. “What?” he hissed. He turned back to the crowd. “Zach is missing.” he announced. “Do we look for him?” David shouted. Jonathan noticed his injured shoulder was heavily bandaged. “Yes. We send out a search party of six people for one week. If there is no sign of him by then, he will be presumed dead. If a trail has been picked up on his whereabouts, it will be followed until it reaches its end, regardless of outcome.” A light further away from the town hall caught his eye. The group approached the light. They gasped at the horror they saw. The town food supply building was on fire.