Cured

Jonathan stared at the portal in disbelief. He sunk to his knees, tears in his eyes. "I'm sorry, Jonathan." Oliver said, placing a comforting hand on Jonathan’s shoulder. Jonathan didn’t hear him. He got up and saw mobs in the distance. He drew his sword and charged at them. He cut down skeletons  and sliced up spiders, consumed with grief and rage. He killed the last zombie before he noticed the group followed him. They continued walking until they managed to find the farm.  "They're back!" Grayson called out. The were greeted by him, along with Sarah and Brandon. James  explained their experience in the Nether and Abe's death. "John, where's David?" Jonathan hung his head and did not answer. She gasped and enfolded him in a hug. Jonathan hugged her back and let the tears fall at last. She took him into his room. "I'm so sorry, Jonathan. He was my friend, too." Jonathan looked at her with puffy eyes. "He sacrificed himself.  He blew the portal to stop that dreadful Wither from getting through. He died a hero." Oliver brought the book-given to him by Jonathan that day- to the makeshift lab at the end of the farm. It took several days, but the curr and the delivery system was finished at last. The cure was loaded. Jonathan walked up to it and stood before it. He put his hand on the lever and muttered, "For David." and pulled the lever. The potion shot into the air and exploded, bathing the group in its healing vapors and spread  out into the atmosphere. Zombies in the distance collapsed, never to walk again. "The virus is gone." Jonathan said. "We have not won yet. The book we recovered tells of a lab in Glowstone City where Igor and Viktor are working. Once we get there, we can end this...forever."

The end is nigh...