Chapter Seventeen:The Truth Comes Out

Začít od začátku

"Ready?" He asked as he picked up her bag, Eva smiled and nodded her head, nervous about going home. She knew for a fact that Jax was ready to shoot out his questions, and she didn't know if she was ready to answer them.

She was grateful that Gemma was watching Abel for the night, Eva feeling like this was their reunion all over again. Her life was changed and it was changing by the moment. She was almost ten weeks pregnant, and she had heard her baby's heartbeat, tears coming to her eyes as she realized she was going to be a mother.

"You okay?" Jax asked as they drove home, Eva smiling nervously as she was worried the tone of the day would turn dark. She didn't know fully why she had turned to drugs, all she did know was that Jax was furious. He had been hiding it for days, but she knew full well he was upset with her.

"You are mad at me, aren't you?" She asked as she crossed her arms over her chest, watching as Jax tensed his jaw, his hand gripping the steering wheel as she addressed the elephant in the room.

"Why did you do it? Why did you feel you couldn't talk to me?" He asked as they turned down their street, Eva tensing as she just wanted to forget about that day. She wanted to forget about everything that had happened and just move forward. She owed him the reason however, she owed him the explanation of her horrid actions.

"I felt like a failure, Jax. I couldn't run my club, I couldn't give you a child! I can barely you keep you happy and don't tell me you are Jax. I see the sadness in your eyes every time I look at you, but you never tell me why. I gave up my entire way of life for a chance at love, and in the end I felt like I failed." She said, tears forming in her eyes as she pushed away his hand.

"You said you wanted to be with me, Eva. I never asked you to give it up. I never shoved this life on you." He said as they pulled up into the drive way.

"I no longer feel things that I know I should Jax, I feel paralyzed and—I lost me. I lost who I was and it all happened the day I married you." Eva said as she jumped from the car, Jax feeling as if a knife had been driven into his heart.

Eva walked into the house, unsure of what she had just said. Her mind was racing and her thoughts were scattered, the words leaving her lips before she could think. She ran her hands into her hands, knowing that she didn't mean what she had said, but it was out now, and taking it back was impossible,

"You want out? Huh? You wanna fuckin call it quits! Jesus, Eva I just spent day and night by your side and now this? What the fuck, Eva?" He yelled, pain in his eyes as Eva finally looked up from the floor.

"Jax I didn't mean it like that—I just feel out of place and out of sorts. My life has changed so much and—it's hard for me to keep up." She tried to explain, watching as his demeanor didn't change.

"I love you, Eva. I always have—but it's clear that you still haven't fallen in love with me—have you." Jax asked, as he closed off the space between them. His hand grabbed hers, his entire body starting to shake as he feared losing the love of his life. 

"That's what scared me Jax, I always loved you. I loved you even when I hated you. I hid behind the insults and the Renegades cut. I am so in love with you Jax that I freaked out, and I felt that you deserved so much better." Eva confessed, Jax crashing his lips to hers before she could say another word.

He picked up her and held her close as he walked towards the bedroom. Jax broke the kiss to slip his shirt over his head, a smile on his face as Eva quickly removed hers. "I love you, Mrs. Teller." Jax smiled, a groan escaping him as Eva grabbed his hardened member.

"Shut and love me, Jax." Eva smiled, a laugh escaping her as Jax picked her up and playfully tossed her on the bed. Eva surrendered to him and the moment, her mind finally free from the torment that had held it captive. She knew now who she was, she was Eva Teller, wife and soon-to-be mother.

                                                         ****

"Ready to see your baby?" The sonogram tech asked as she put the cold jelly on her stomach. Eva smiled and looked over to Jax who was looking nervous. He had a bet going with the guys on what gender the baby would be, Jax thinking in is heart it was a little girl.

A grainy image flashed on the screen, Eva smiling big as she saw her baby for the first time in months. "It's our baby, Jax." She smiled, hoping that her emotions wouldn't overcome her. She had been so emotional lately, even crying one night because Jax was two minutes late for dinner. She still laughed when she remembered the confused look on his face.

"The head looks great." The tech said as she scanned and made marks on the computer. Eva was anxiously waiting for the reveal, her hand growing clammy as she watched the tech make all the necessary measurements.

"Okay, you ready?" The tech asked, Eva laughing as Jax scooted up in the chair, a smile on his face as he waited for thenews. "It's a girl." The tech said, Jax standing up and cheering as he always knew in his heart Eva was having a little girl.

"I'm so glad you are happy, most men get sad when they find out it's a little girl" The tech teased, Eva laughing as Jax bent down to kiss her. The tech printed out several pictures for them, Jax looking at all of them very carefully. He wasn't around when Wendy was pregnant with Abel and she gave birth to him before he could enjoy any of the doctors' visits.

"You were right Jax, I was sure it was going to be a little boy." Eva said as she sat up, her heart swelling as she watched Jax look at the pictures over and over. "What name did you pick out?" She asked, knowing that Jax had a name in mind the last few months.

"Camilla, it means warrior, like her momma." Jax said as he cupped Eva's face, his mind so at ease with everything around him. His club was flourishing and his family was growing and the worries he used to carry were long gone.

Eva couldn't stop looking at the pictures, tears forming in her eyes as she climbed into their black expedition. She rested her hand on her small belly, hoping that soon she would get the big pregnant belly she always saw on other women. She knew since she was slender and this was her first child she wouldn't get too big, but she was hoping.

"Our little Camilla." She said as Jax slipped into the car, his hand resting on her belly as a smile went over his face. Their eyes connected as they looked at each other in the comfortable silence, Eva never remembering when she had been so in love.

"Did you ever think we would be here?" He asked with a slight smirk, Eva chuckling as she remembered their meeting that day in the clubhouse. She remembered that feeling of knowing she needed to hate him, but not sure why she did.

"No, but then again—I never imagined myself this happy either." Eva leaned over and kissed Jax, Jax breaking the kiss as he felt a small kick on his hand.

"Oh shit—she kicked me." He smiled, Eva smiling as Jax had never looked so shocked in all his life. Eva had felt little Camilla kick but Jax had always missed out on his chance to see it. She couldn't remember a time when she had felt this happy and this time she knew in her heart she deserved it.

"Where to now, baby" Jax asked as he started the car, Eva knowing only of one place she needed to go. She had been avoiding it like the plague, but it was time to come to terms with her past so she could have a fulfilled future.

"Head to Diosa International, I think it's time Jax, its time I finally met my father."