Forewarning for a broken heart

A/N: Yahoo~! Hoomans, my beloved hoomans...It's a new Year! Happy New year! OUO/ I'll...still have the bad habit of updating late OuOb Love you hoomans~!
=========

General POV

Recovering wasn't easy but little by little, they all did their best to heal. Blake and Yang tried to recover from the pain they got from fighting, Ruby recovering from the pain that made her suffer for years, and Weiss recovering from her loss of her own voice. Everyone had something they were going through but no one left each other alone.

They all enjoyed the mansion and discovered rooms they never touched nor seen before. Weiss found it fascinating that the mansion had a hidden library where another treasure was hidden: a cove with a pool of sea water that no doubt led out to the sea.

Ruby and Weiss kept most of their time in the cove while Blake and Yang enjoyed staying out at the garden, looking out to the cliffs of Vale. This was no doubt tranquil but of course, they minded time.

Aside from recovering mentally, all of them trained their best to be stronger, sharper and better. Ruby started using the full capacity of her semblance, Blake and Yang did their best to train of their attacks together. Weiss utilized ice and her glyph to fight but learned later on that she had more than enough weapon because of her mermaid lineage.

"Mermaids used to drown sailors from their ships, create storms and control water and the sea as they wish." Ruby read out loud from the book that Weiss held, one evening as the enjoyed food over dinner. "Can you do these?"

Weiss shook her head, eating her fish. 'I never tried.'

"Oh, I see." Ruby decided not to press the issue on her but it did make Weiss curious. If she had the powers they knew of mermaids, then she won't have such a hard time managing her kingdom and throwing out the lady who's trying to get the kingdom from her. Besides, they might have a little too much of an advantage. Weiss wouldn't think it was possible that she'll have the powers Ruby and the others say.

"Well, Weiss..." Yang and Blake looked at each other before they met eyes with Weiss who was looking curiously at the two of them. Even Ruby tried to make of what this might be about then she saw the calendar on the wall. Her look of curiosity turned to a sad and heartbroken one.

On the paper hung on the wall with the dates of the month, a yellow marker encircled a particular day--a full moon. A two month mark. It was two days away.

Her silver orbs soon was welling with tears. Blake and Yang noticed her tears glimmering, Weiss felt her sadness and she can tell what was going on.

Holding on to Ruby's hand where tears have dropped, she looked up at Ruby and smiled. She didn't say anything, no thoughts, no words. Just a loving smile on her lips.

Blake and Yang looked grim as they watched the two of them. They knew how Ruby would be heartbroken...possibly she might get back to the bad state she was in before Ruby healed her. After this...

"Ruby...don't cry." Weiss whispered ever so softly, her voice dry and broken but she spoke. Ruby looked up at her in surprise but this also made her tears fall faster and more than they did earlier.

"Weiss, h-how can I?! Y-You're leaving..You're leaving me! P-Please..don't leave me too. Please..." Ruby begged.

Weiss' heart was breaking from the sight of Ruby begging her. It...it was breaking her slowly.

"Weiss, is there anyway to prolong your stay? Any way at all?" Yang asked. Even she had tears in her eyes.

The mermaid shook her head in apology. It was the longest she was allowed to leave the ocean. She didn't know what was going to happen if she stayed away longer but her own kingdom, her family--they were still in danger.