Of that what she yearned

A/N: I am horrible. QvQ I haven't updated for so long. Forgive me.

TTUTT;;; school started so...
...*mumbling* Stooped...cheesy Blakey waifu...esh.

=========

General POV

Weiss woke up to the sight of Ruby close to her. She slept next to her last night and...and they were alive.

The mermaid can recall that they were chased down by Emerald Sturai. An assassin. Now they were hiding because of the reason that neither if them wanted to die. It was that simple.

"Ruby...wake up." Weiss gently nudged the brunette, nuzzling her face by her chest.

From the looks of it, Ruby stayed up looking after her despite the both of them being on the run. Ruby needed more energy than she does.

"Oh Ruby Rose..." She grew fond of the girl for the past days. She cared, believed, and tried to understand the girl and her circumstances. Weiss appreciated her efforts and it made her felt relieved.

Cupping the brunette's cheek, Weiss sang softly. Inside her, she felt her energy transfer to Ruby, a soft red glow engulfing her hand. Weiss ended after a few minutes, a soft smile on her lips.

"That should help you feel better." Weiss muttered to herself and waited for the brunette to wake.

When she did, Weiss had already done several types of braids with her hair. She greeted Ruby with a smile and a hug. "Good morning."

"Hmmmm..." Ruby groaned and hugged the mermaid, making her quite flustered.

Weiss smiled and hugged her back, blissful as she liked the sensation of being held gingerly in Ruby's arms.

"Ruby..?" Weiss poked the girl's cheek a few several times before she responded by arching her brow. "Wake up."

Today, they had to go back to their house in hope that no one will follow them there. Before they do, she wanted to check the boarders of the city that was close to the sea. Something tells her that if such a place existed, it might be able to help her with a few things. Like who her real mother is or what is it she was really looking for.

"Ruby..." Weiss poked Ruby's cheek repetitively as she tried to wake her with the involvement of her semblance nor water. "Wake up, you dolt."

The brunette smiled as she heard Weiss' morning greeting. "Good morning to you too, snowflake. How are you feeling?"

Truth be told, she wasn't feeling good as she was nervous with going out but they have to leave for now. "I'm fine. We have to go, you dolt. We've been out the whole night."

Upon hearing this, Ruby couldn't help but groan and look at Weiss with worry. She's the one hunted not her. How is she dealing with this..?

"Are you sure you want to go...?" The brunette asked as she worried for her dear friend.

"Yes. It would be no use to remain in one place." She replied as a fact. Even she was pained to leave the safety of the small room because they will be found again.

"Well, let's freshen up before we go." Ruby suggested. Weiss pulled away and got up in silence while the brunette stretched out.

As Ruby suggested, both of them soon got up, freshened up and ate before paying up and leaving. Seeing they walked, more like ran for their lives, to get to the inn, they had to go back the same way under the morning sun but the breeze form the sea made it cooler for a sunny day.

Weiss smiled as she walked on the street, feeling nothing from Emerald's presence compared to the night before but the air still hung with threat as they walked, Ruby staying close to the girl's side all of the time as she felt the same. It was as if last night's threat was merely to startle the mermaid from where she is now.