An odd birthday gift

A/N: I haven't posted or written in a long time-fanfics that is. Well I've been busy in college so no time to write that much which annoyed me. I haven't written a RWBY fanfic where it's quite...out of the ordinary. Well, it's very experimental but I do hope that this cretins won't make me lazy even for the short summer vacation I have. It's hard to be a first born with two rowdy and dependent sisters TT^TT

I better stop yapping and get on with it QuQb

===+++===

She was certain that the water have become warmer as the sun rose in a different season once more. Summer.

She was also certain that the torments from the people outside the palace would not stop from coming at her, looking down at her and looking at her like she was less than what she actually was-a mermaid princess who was coped up in the palace because she has never been appreciated by those who her father called his dear subjects.

She wished that it was that was all the time because in the event that she was asked to get out her room to join at ball or a party or even a simple gathering among their subjects, she was looked at like she was a monstrosity or an abomination. She was different, she got that, but they didn't have to rub it at her face.

"Weiss." Her father called outside her door and no doubt together with her step mother-Cinder.

She swam to attend the door and peeped at the small crack she created and looked at him with a look that she clearly wanted to be left alone for now.

"It's your birthday and everyone is looking for you in the ballroom. Why don't you join the festivities?" He asked with clear concern.

Weiss would have if only they would stop the piercing stares they were throwing at her direction every time she walked back in the room to socialize. She wanted to eat the sweet cakes there that were prepared at her preference. If only their eyes weren't so disturbing.

The girl pulled the door pry open and swam out of her room, still dressed like she was earlier that day for her own party.

Her father and her step mother smiled with agreement and led the girl back to the ballroom for the evening but she knew well enough that all this happiness for a lone mermaid like her won't be long enough to be remembered by the people who attended such an events.

When she went back to the ballroom, she was greeted back with smile she knew that were not genuine. She knew they weren't which was fine with her.

As the evening transcended to what her bloody parents expected, Weiss took a breather out of the ballroom and to the palace garden, disappointed with all the faces she's seen in the evening because after all, she had no friends so she was alone with no one to talk to.

She pulled out her scroll and started tinkering around it until someone grabbed her shoulder which startled her.

Weiss Schnee gasped and turned around in alarm and saw Cinder-her step mother-smiling at her in a weird manner. It was rare, almost never that she has seen her smile at her like she was her true daughter so this might be a bad thing or a good thing or both but she was on her guard.

"Weiss," Cinder called and sat next to the white haired girl but Weiss closed her scroll and hid it away and felt so...disturbed by the presence of the lady next to her. "It's your birthday and I feel like I haven't been that much of a mother to you so...I'm giving you a present." The lady said and pulled a necklace out from no where.

Weiss didn't like the sound of her step mother being so nice to her and much less the thought of her giving her a gift on her own birthday. It just made her so suspicious as she never bothered giving her one at her previous years. Why now? What was she up to?