A drop on still water

A/N: Exams are dawning upon me...An update is in order~!! \OUO/
==========
Weiss

Normally, I would wake up to see Ruby by my side but the sight of Blake and Yang sweetly hugging and holding each other is a sight that made me smile.

"Mmmm..." Ruby nuzzled at my chest, her arms around my torso. I pulled her close but that seem to have woken her.

I pulled her close to my heart and listened to her breathing until it became a groan. "W...eiss..?"

She sounded exhausted. Staying up last night must have taken a toll on her as her voice is raspy.

"I'm here, Ruby." I softly responded, running my fingers through her hair.

She didn't talk after and closed her eyes. I was fine with it. I left the girl to sleep more as I stayed awake, waiting for anyone else to wake up.

After what seems to be two hours, Blake and Yang woke up, slightly playing with each other. "Good morning, Weiss." Yang greeted.

I smiled. "Good afternoon, Yang." She gave me a grin but she turned to Blake who seem to be pouting at her.

"You need more rest." The girl muttered to the blonde who seem to find that true. I remained silent as I watched the lovebirds talk to themselves.

It took only minutes before Ruby woke up, groaning. "Cookkiiieeeesss..."

Ruby remains adorable to this day. It was amusing to see her like this making it hard not to find her docile side adorable.

"Ruby, it's already afternoon." I whispered, planting a kiss on the sleepy dunce's forehead.

"Hwah..? Mmm..." She rubbed sleep off her eyes as we cuddled close. "Okay.."

Yang and Blake noted that the girl was awake and scooted closer to watch her get out of her sleepy daze. They grinned at me with mischief as I question myself whether it was wise to let them sleep close to us.

Ruby then pulled my clothes such that I was forced to lower my head. Later on, I felt her lips on my cheek that I realized was a kiss. "Good afternoon..~" she greeted shortly after.

Yang let out a little yelp of excitement while Blake let out a soft chuckle. While they were enjoying the morning scenario, I was flushed red. I guess Ruby chooses not to be discreet of her affection for me. I try but it's a little difficult at times. We're not yet official but in a sense, we grow more affectionate and fond of each other by the minute.

"Ruby, it's already afternoon." I chuckled. That seem to wake her up completely.

"Don't be such a buzz kill, Weiss." She muttered before she gave me another kiss by my cheek.

Yang was probably fawning over us by the sound of her 'Aww~', Blake purring in approval.

"Alright...but Yang can tease you for your actions." I chided.

She groaned. "Yang..? She can try.."

"I will, sis! You're so cute together." Yang commented. That didn't get me any less flustered than I already am and Ruby was as red as the petals of her semblance.

"Yaaannggg...Not so early..." She muttered, hiding her face at my chest. I wish to protest the same thing but it was no longer early.

"You two are cute." Blake added to agree with her girlfriend. That made Ruby whimper.

"Jeez, we get it!" She said, her voice muffled by my chest. "So? How are you two..?"

I was wondering the same but it seemed that this made the two recall dark memories as they frowned. "We're...getting better."