Home of the white rose

A/N: Looking at the stats of the story, I can't believe that it has already 8.4K reads already >U< That's awesome you hoomans~! Thanks~!

I slept for a whole day after a 8 hour trip OvO...huehuehue eUe;;
Oh, Finals are approaching again TUT

========

General POV

A chime of a bell was heard when all of them entered the house. As if the house recognized the people entering, the chandeliers glowed to life and everything looked new and polished like it wasn't abandoned at all. Weiss, Winter and Ruby found this fascinating and exciting while the rest just hoped it wasn't a ghost house.

"Wow..." Ruby's eyes gleamed as her eyes wandered around, looking at the mansion in amazement. "I've never been to a huge mansion before." She said, her voice lost in awe.

Weiss coulnd't agree more. Despite her time in the palace, she's never seen a mansion big enough to fit a hundred on land. The experience was exhilarating as it was astonishing.

"Weiss?" Winter called her sister's attention seeing that she might be slightly flabbergasted. The princess turned to her sister later on, in complete awe.

"Winter, mother..she.." Looking around, she realized that she might have a clue as to how her mother looked on land, how she smiled, and if she was happy. Winter smiled softly, glad that her sister found something her heart hoped to find.

"Go. Don't let me hold you back. We'll head to the dinning room later on." My dear sister headed off with the others, all except Ruby of course who refused to leave my side.

Grinning up at me, that charming smile of hers made me smile as well. It must have been a good thing because her smile grew bigger. "You're smiling."

"Why would I not if you seem to share me yours?" I asked her. Lacing my fingers and hand with hers, we ventured to the other part of the mansion which means we took the stairs and headed up to the rooms. The dolt kept smiling in delight as we walked. I found it rather adorable.

Up stairs, we saw marvelous rooms but I was looking for a particular one that might answer something in my mind. After checking more empty suites and rooms, we found the place I was looking for.

"Parlor with a fire place. Sweet." Ruby went in and checked the whole room, parting the blinds as she went around. From the windows, we could see the whole lawn and the garden up front. I enjoyed looking out the window from up here and I just want to get a book and start reading until Ruby tugged at my sleeve.

I turned to her only to be surprised that she was pointing at something.

"She...looks like you and your sister." Looking at where she was pointing, I can't help but be in awe once more.

Above the stone fireplace, a portrait was hung, a painting. A lady stood alone, looking elegant as she seem to pose for the artist. Her skin fair and pale, a beautiful pair of cerulean eyes that were warm and bright compared to mine, a sweet smile as she looked straight at us, tall and elegant as she stood...and hair stark white as freshly fallen snow.

"Unfair how we look similar and yet I cannot compare to her." I said softly, smiling up at the portrait.

"Hey! You're beautiful too! I-I mean--Uhm...." I watched Ruby become flustered bit by bit after she spoke those words. At these times, I find her adorable as she's such a sweet girl.

Pulling her in a hug, I kept a soft smile on my lips. "Ruby, calm down. Thank you for the compliment." Pulling away, I went to look at the portrait longer.