Voiceless Siren

General POV

After that night, Ruby needed to move around due to her time being immobile but what she doesn't understand was Weiss.

"Weiss...can you hear me...?" Ruby held the mermaid's hand as she lay on a shallow pool of water to sleep in, her tail spread wide where discoloration was evident. From the brilliant icy blue to a pale white, this was enough to worry the cookie lover.

"Hey...wake up, will you? I missed you and now you decide to be in coma? That's just unfair." She muttered as she held the girl's hand, laying next to the girl.

Over time, Ruby's hair has grown. Perhaps from Weiss' song, her body was now better. Everything on her felt light.

Yang entered the room where Weiss was kept where the sight of Ruby looking at the princess lovingly made her heart warm yet ache.

"Rubes, time for dinner. Then you have to sleep after." The blonde reminded her sister. Ruby simply nodded with a coy smile, kissing Weiss' forehead before she left.

Yang helped her up then pulled her in a warm hug which her sister reciprocated with the same gesture. "She'll be fine. You'll have time to talk to her, okay?"

A mere nod was what Ruby could respond to her sister. Both ladies headed down to the dining hall where food was prepared.

For now, they resided at Weiss' mansion at the edge of Vale. Everything was there for them and Ruby assured that Weiss would allow them to stay without any problems.

Blake laid the food on the table where the chandeliers above shone light to illuminate the whole room. Ruby joined them at the table, Yang and Blake staying close to her.

"Come on, let's eat." Thus, dinner started, the three of eating like the good 'ol days only a heavy atmosphere hung ariund witht heir hopes that Weiss will soon wake up.
_____________

After dinner, Ruby rushed back to Weiss' side in hope she stirred even just for a little bit but little did she know that Weiss has fully woken up after a whole day of rest.

With her eyes open, staring at the ceiling, she wondered she is and why was it that her head had a dull ache she can't seem to shake off.

"W-Weiss!" Ruby rushed to her side, taking her hand gently. Weiss felt her hand and her eyes turned to the most beautiful girl shw knows.

When she opened her mouth to speak, she didn't utter a single squeak, groan nor word. Her eyes softened up, realizing what has happened to her.

"Weiss..? What is it..?"

'Oh Ruby...I finished off my voice to save you.' Weiss thought to herself as she looked at Ruby's eyes, shimering and bright once more with a hint of worry. She rubbed her thumb on her hand with a sad smile.

"But...but you didn't have to do that! How can you even talk to me without opening your mouth?" Ruby asked, a playfuk smile on her lips.

Weiss wondered what she was talking about. 'Ruby...I'm not talking. It's my thoughts you're hearing. If...you can hear this one anyway.'

Ruby nodded. "I can! But why can't you talk..? W-won't your voice recover?" The cookie lover asked.

That's what Weiss hopes for. But she knew that no amount of aura nor magic can heal a mermaid's voice without taking too much time.

'Sorry, Ruby. Our voice...isn't replacable. But...it will heal overtime.' She replied through thiugh with a soft smile.

"I...understand. But why can I hear your thoughts?" She asked curiously whilst her hand cupped the princess' cheek.